This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic setup of hstouchpad with homeseer

I keep running "connection failed with server, check IP address in settings." I just installed my home seer and hstouchpad I also have hstouch for my android. Running into same issues with the android. I open up I thought all the ports including 10200. what am I doing wrong? Evan if I got the settings from a working system I could change the appropriate passwords, nam, etc. To work in mine. I am sure it is something simple.
    Last edited by ; January 27, 2012, 08:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to set notification

Check the sticky labeled:
    HSTouch: Troubleshooting Connection Problems in this forum for troubleshooting tips.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ya I checked that out and did some tweaks to my system afterward but still no luck.

Comment

After installing and configuring your HSTouch server, did you enable the plug-in for the Android/iPhone clients? After all that, did you restart HS?

What is in your logs when you fail to connect?
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Yes i did restart it. What do you mean by configuring my hstouch server settings.? Do you mean on my ipad?

Comment

Originally posted by Wonser View Post
            Yes i did restart it. What do you mean by configuring my hstouch server settings.? Do you mean on my ipad?
            On your HS server setup ->Interfaces, you should see at least a couple of these set to ENABLED:

HSTouch Android
            HSTouch iPhone
            HSTouch Server
            HSTouch Server Unlimited
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks for your help, Yes I have those enabeld. I took some snap shots I hope they might help show what I am doing wrong, but looks like i am unable to upload to the forum, lol.
              I do have those enabled in the interfaces, It looks ok with the log, except some emoty voice recognition stuff.

Comment

Can you connect over a LAN or is this just remote connections?

Comment

Did you allow the connections in your windows firewall? Can you connect to HomeSeer remotely? Tell us about your internet hardware, is it simply a modem to router setup?

Comment

Thanks for the help.
                    No not able to connect over LAN. I have 10200, 80, 8742, 443, all open in my cisco wireless router, I can't get connected remote or local.
                    It starts up in the browser on the computer it is installed on of course though.
                    For the LAN address I am using 192.168.1.102 the same one that is the address for the startup page.

Comment

Oh and forgot to mention I checked HSPRO is already an exception in Windows Firewall. thanks

Comment

So let me make sure I'm understanding this. You can't connect to HomeSeer (not HSTouch) remotely?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          So let me make sure I'm understanding this. You can't connect to HomeSeer (not HSTouch) remotely?
                          You are right. I can not.

Comment

So what port is HomeSeer running on? Is it port 80? It will show this in the log. It so do you have port 80 forwarded to the internal LAN ipaddress that HS is running on?

Comment

It is port 80.

Comment

Working...
                              X