This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    if I install this, what files do I need to backup prior to the install, so I can just shutdown HS, restore those files, then restart HS in order to get back to where I am now?

Is it just he one HSPI .dll file?

Thanks!

--Dan
    Yes - save the HSPI_HSTouch.dll before you load it so you can revert it back.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I think I'll just revert back until this is fixed or there are more docs on how to use the new service.

Comment

You can just re-install the previous version I believe. I have gone from .45 to .44 back to .45 and now to .50.

BTW though I didn't see any issues with .49 yesterday or .50 today as far as I could tell.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          I think I'll just revert back until this is fixed or there are more docs on how to use the new service.
          Rob - no need to revert back. Your existing project should work fine as is. I will post a new project soon that includes the new code. Rich will also be releasing a new designer (maybe tomorrow) that includes the new feed to make it easier to work with.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

New Weather Project

OK, this should help until we get some decent docs together. Attached is one of our new android projects with the latest weather screens. Just click on the weather elements to see what the feed data looks like.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tried this and not getting any weather data. api key is entered on the HSTouch screen and location is set.
              Anything else required?

PHP Code:
              21/02/2012 08:03:09  HSTouch Server Debug  08:03:09:0937 Checking RSS url21/02/2012 08:01:01-http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=$LATITUDE,$LONGITUDE&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=$WEATHERAPIKEY 
              21/02/2012 08:03:19  HSTouch Server Debug  08:03:19:0937 Checking RSS url21/02/2012 08:01:01-http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=$LATITUDE,$LONGITUDE&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=$WEATHERAPIKEY 
              21/02/2012 08:03:29  HSTouch Server Debug  08:03:29:0937 Checking RSS url21/02/2012 08:01:01-http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=$LATITUDE,$LONGITUDE&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=$WEATHERAPIKEY 
              Attached Files

Comment

Mark,
                How about a little teaser?

Is there anything else in the imminent release of designer besides the new weather feed? IE. Any other bugs fixed?
                As it is I've managed to work around the international weather issues using the existing plugin/designer. If this is the only improvement, there's really no need for me at this point to tamper with things.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Rob - no need to revert back. Your existing project should work fine as is. I will post a new project soon that includes the new code. Rich will also be releasing a new designer (maybe tomorrow) that includes the new feed to make it easier to work with.
                  My existing projects come up with New Hampshire as the location. This happens on a custom project (windows) that uses api.wxbug.net rss feeds with the [$ZIPCODE]. I also tried the stock app on my kindle fire and got the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                    Tried this and not getting any weather data. api key is entered on the HSTouch screen and location is set.
                    Anything else required?

PHP Code:
                    21/02/2012 08:03:09  HSTouch Server Debug  08:03:09:0937 Checking RSS url21/02/2012 08:01:01-http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=$LATITUDE,$LONGITUDE&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=$WEATHERAPIKEY 
                    21/02/2012 08:03:19  HSTouch Server Debug  08:03:19:0937 Checking RSS url21/02/2012 08:01:01-http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=$LATITUDE,$LONGITUDE&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=$WEATHERAPIKEY 
                    21/02/2012 08:03:29  HSTouch Server Debug  08:03:29:0937 Checking RSS url21/02/2012 08:01:01-http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=$LATITUDE,$LONGITUDE&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=$WEATHERAPIKEY 
                    The new Designer and Windows projects should fix this for you... Rich is working on that release now.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      My existing projects come up with New Hampshire as the location. This happens on a custom project (windows) that uses api.wxbug.net rss feeds with the [$ZIPCODE]. I also tried the stock app on my kindle fire and got the same thing.
                      Rich identified the problem and is creating a new build to fix this .51. I'll post as soon as its built.

Comment

Can someone help me to set up the weather tool.. I dont get it too work.
                        If i try to push the current buttom i got this msg "21.02.2012 19:13:04 - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/Images/weathericons/condition/"
                        Is the a guide how too setup the weather and are the a "ready to use" "site" i can use on my ipad.
                        Last edited by Mrtiger; February 21, 2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Rich identified the problem and is creating a new build to fix this .51. I'll post as soon as its built.
                          Here it is:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeerP...h_1_0_0_51.msi

Comment

The new Designer and Windows projects should fix this for you... Rich is working on that release now.
                            Any news on the updated designer?

Comment

HSTouch works for a while and then no longer allows ANY client to connect until HomeSeer is restarted. This was tested with 2 iPads, iPhone, iPod Touch and Windows client....

If you want a network trace I can email it to you. Essentially, the client connects but HSTouch doesn't respond. After a few minutes the client timesout.

If HomeSeer is restarted, then it works for a while and does the same thing.

Since this is not the first time situations like this have been reported with HSTouch, can we please get some advanced debugging so that we can assist in tracing down the root cause?

The little of debug that exists doesn't appear to go very deep in terms of troubleshooting this. But, I would be happy to provide any logging that you want.

Application plugins in this case shouldn't impact HSTouch in this situation. If so, then PLEASE have HSTouch run as a separate application so that it can be killed and restarted without having to restart HomeSeer.
                              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Want Weatherbug data in HSTouch

I saw that Weartherbug has been redirected to worldweatheronline (My Server Version: 1.0.0.51), but that we should still be able to use Weatherbug data. How do we go back to Weatherbug? I updated a project, and now the weather icons are different, and a lot of data is missing - Today's forecast, %Light, Hi/Low Temp/Humidity for the day, rain totals for the day....etc.

Here are some examples that longer work, but refer directly to Weatherbug:

[$RSS=http://api.wxbug.net/getLiveWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=A5679336775&zipcode=46229&unitt ype=0->gust-speed->gust-speed_Text->0] MPH Gusts
                                [$RSS=http://api.wxbug.net/getLiveWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=A5679336775&zipcode=46229&unitt ype=0->rain-today->rain-today_Text->0] " Rain Today
                                [$RSS=http://api.wxbug.net/getLiveWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=A5679336775&zipcode=46229&unitt ype=0->ob->light->0]% Light

Comment

Working...
                                X