No announcement yet.

Updating an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very good find, caduceus. I have gotten in the habit of copying files manually outside of the designer to make sure they are in the project itself. I hate the idea of duplicating copies of the same image(s) everywhere, but it seems to make the designer behave better when everything is in the same Skins folder for that project.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
      This may be related to some of the issues mentioned in this thread regarding status images not showing up. I did find a bug related to the Designer when it comes to entering status images. I noticed this after I found that a graphic wasn't showing up on any of my clients except the one that Designer was running on.

Normally, when you select a graphic for an image element (like clicking on the ImageNormal attribute), a filebrowser window opens so you can navigate to the image. If the image chosen is outside of the HSTouch skins directory (e.g. on another drive), Designer will politely tell you that it needs to copy the file to its skins directory, and it does so. So far, so good.

However, if you are selecting status images under Status/Device Associations, the filebrowser DOES NOT import those graphics to the Designer skins directory if they are originally elsewhere on the designer system. When the time comes to deploy to remote clients, the referenced graphics that are outside the HSTouch Designer's directory do not get deployed to the clients, as far as I can tell.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. In short, all your local graphical elements apparently have to be within the HSTouch Designer directory that resides in My Documents, and Designer doesn't complain (or import them) if you choose graphics outside that directory when selecting them through the Status/Device Associations menu.

BTW, I have Designer and HS running on different machines, in case that matters.
      Did you report this bug to HomeSeer via the help desk?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Did you report this bug to HomeSeer via the help desk?
        Submitted.

Comment

Interesting...this may be what's happening to me then with updated weather condition images. I'm still seeing the old ones no matter I do...
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Edit...repost
            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
              Interesting...this may be what's happening to me then with updated weather condition images. I'm still seeing the old ones no matter I do...
              Are you saying that using HTML to force the image to update is not working for you?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

No the forecast condition images is still an old gif even though it's been replaced with a different graphic. It's fine in hs. It's even correct in the status tracking dialog box but when applied it shows the old image. I thought maybe it's a similar cache situation...

Comment

What HSTouch client are you using? The reason I ask is that the HTML code above is just for Windows. For any other client, you might need to add a meta tag for no-cache...
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

iPad client but let me clarify...I haven't tried method.
                    I just thought the cache thing was interesting and might apply to my problem.
                    Thing is I don't see a lot of others with this particular problem so it's hard for me to figure what's wrong.

Comment

This (using HTML) seems to solve my updating image issue, however I can't seem to get any actions to work (either on press or release)

I would like to be able tap on the element and have it close the screen. Is that really asking too much.

Edit: I just deployed it to my android client and it looks like the sizing is off on image, even though it looks fine designer and windows client. arggg

Comment

Working...
                      X