This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection issue

I'm getting a connection error when starting HS Designer and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It says:

Unable to connect to the HomeSeer Server. Check your connection defaults from the Tools menu. You will only have limited functionality in the designer while disconnected from the server. The server rejected the username or password.

I also see popups indicating my username was disconnected.

I know its probably been answered before but I can't find the solution.

HSTouch Server 1.0.0.56

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions but I'm feeling a bit lost right now as I get used to the new setup.
    TIA
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

You need to supply a username/password. These are defined in HomeSeer in Setup | Web Users.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I had entered that info but I went back and re-entered my password and saved and it seems to be working now. I must have entered it wrong the first time. I'm sorry for the stupid questions. I am still getting adjusted here and feel a little lost compared to what I'm used to.
      Thanks for the quick response and I'll try to be better at getting this stuff figured out.
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

There are no stupid questions here. We're all learning and this is a pretty complex system.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thanks for that!
          I got work to do

Comment

Working...
          X