This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hstouch seems to not update thermostat

I have a zwave thermostat that works fine on HS web screen, however when i open hstouch on my iphone the settings arent always upto date, if a chance was recently made to the mode or temp setting it can take hours or even days to reflect on the hstouch screen.

any ideas?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

also as you can see on the image, the top section dosnt agree with the bottom ( fan and modes )
    Attached Files
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

You have to poll Z-Wave thermostats if you want HSTouch to display the latest infromation. The mode is the same? the fan status on the bottom is the mode the stat is in. Auto will be shown as on or off.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

whats the best way to pol them? with a recurring script or a setting in zwave? i have the z troller unit

Comment

Recurring scripts seem to work better than using the poll interval setting.

Comment

how would i do a script to poll and up[date a zwave thermostat?

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
              how would i do a script to poll and up[date a zwave thermostat?
              Here's mine. Just make sure you have "Wait for script to finish" set...
              Attached Files
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

where are you getting the script for PollDevice?

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                  where are you getting the script for PollDevice?
                  The leading ampersand indicates it is a single-line script - that's all you need is that one-liner there
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Dick,

I tried your suggestion about checking BOTH run one instance, and wait for script to finish. For my setup, BAD idea. I couldn't figure out why my system kept freezing up every once in a while. Finally this morning it dawned on me.

Last night, I saw it freeze up at EXACTLY a 1/2 hour mark. So, I checked my scripts for something running every 1/2 hour. The only one that I had recently changed was my Thermostat Polling script.

Checking BOTH of those did not fix my polling issue (which I am finally getting an error on, so I can fix it), but what it did was for the 3 minutes I was polling (since I used waitsecs, instead of waitevent with a time counter), my whole system would freeze up giving the appearance that it was dead, then catching up.

So, I just turned off the wait for finish, left the run one instance.

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X