X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot get live feed into hstouch

Hello Guys,

i am strugling with a problem i cannot get right.

i want to put a live feed of my pvsolar into hstouch.

If i add a text and put this url into it. It shows the frame, but not the live feed.
    Can someone tell me why?

here is the url i want to show in a seperate screen called 'enery monitoring' in hstouch.

http://iwan.dyndns.org/emoncms/dashb...3e5e28&embed=1

hope you can help me with this...

many thanks

Iwan

For what it's worth, I can't get the image in HST either. Works fine in IE.
    Tried with a new project with just one screen. I'll watch this with interest.

Edit: In fact, I've tried several other web pages. No joy. An actual "Image" or video feed does work for me.
    Last edited by Wadenut; August 14, 2012, 06:54 AM.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Where there's a will...

You need to use a "Text Box"
      Put your URL in the Text property. Should work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        Where there's a will...

You need to use a "Text Box"
        Put your URL in the Text property. Should work for you.

Thanks for trying, but i have a dutch version, so i do not see ' text properties' Can you please add a printscreen..

many thanks

when i paste it at the bottum called 'text' i only see the url line...so no graphics..

Comment

On the 'other' tab of selectable items, use a text box.
          On the right side you will see a section labeled text.
          That's where you want to put the url.
          select is HTML=true and allow navigation=true and it should work.
          You may not see it in designer but deploy and see if it works on the client.

For all I know you already tried this but this is the method and it should work.
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

This shows part of the properties pane for a text box. Your URL (http://iwan...) goes into the field where I currently have "Reserved for maps".
            The info is actually in the HST Help file.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              This shows part of the properties pane for a text box. Your URL (http://iwan...) goes into the field where I currently have "Reserved for maps".
              The info is actually in the HST Help file.
              this is something else that i see when i 'import' a textbox.

i see this.

so what am i doing wrong?

i use hstouch designer 1.0.72
              i go to 'others' the Text Box..

when i add just a 'Text' into the screen i get about the same as your example, but when i paste the link i only get the grafic visable but NOT the dial that shows how many watt it provides. It only gives a big grey square that is only the background of the dial.

Comment

I'm out of ideas at this point. Perhaps someone with more experience can help out.
                I actually had the same result with your link.

Comment

I think you are using a text input box when you should be using a text label, the first icon in the other pane will be an A in a box with just the words text - that is the one you need.

Comment

@ mrhappy,

you would say that i need that one, but i already tried it and also used the image to import the feed, but it would ONLY show the outlines, but not the actual intractive dial that shows how much the solar panels deliver.

so if someone could help me and try something that works...that would be great.

i will also try, but untill now no luck.....

i am going to post a printscreen on what i see, this way it would get more clear what i mean.

Iwan

Comment

This is the print screen of the actual situation.

On the left is what u see when you press on the link on the top of the page...
                      On the richt you see the import through hstouch designer.

so as you can see...i am missing the interactive dial. And THAT is the problem....HOW can i get the dial visible....

hope this clears things up.

greetz, Iwan

Comment

That interactive guage is an HTML5 Canvas tag and no version of IE fully supports this tag. HSTouch uses IE to renden web pages.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          That interactive guage is an HTML5 Canvas tag and no version of IE fully supports this tag. HSTouch uses IE to renden web pages.
                          Rupp,

i do not get it...because when i click on the link i can view the result in almost any browser without any problem. So is there a option to update the IE driver on my domotica machine that it can work??

i hope you can tell me this...

*edit* after some research on the net about html5 i get it.....so i need to wait untill hstouch supports html5??? is that correct?

Comment

Working...
                          X