X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoke HStouch on IOS via URL

Hello-

In many ios applications you can invoke them from within safari by calling a URL (ie - homeseer:// or something like that). I was wondering what the correct way is to call HStouchpad to get it to load (some apps have more involved api's that allow you to invoke specific commands from that URL.

An example here is I use roomie remote to control my media center, but HStouch for all of my home automation stuff. It would be great to be able to click a button in roomie to launch homeseer, and even better if I could use their URL feature to do something like homeseer://event:lights_on, or some such.

Lastly, is this possible in reverse (ie - can we invoke another app from within HStouchpad to launch within ios). I'm thinking of a home screen in HStouch that has a few buttons, some that take you deeper into homeseer, but others that launch complementary apps on the same iPad.

Thanks!

Good ideas!

Would also be nice to have this type of integration on Android. We can already launch things, but being able to send Intents would be nice. As you said, so I can have something like Tasker, which DOES run as a service, load up Homeseer and go to a specific page.

I guess the work around would be, Tasker just loads HSTouch, then use mrhappy's plugin to tell that the client is connected. After that, trigger an event that loads the appropriate page.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Just a quick update on this. I have confirmed that within HStouch on iOS if you choose the "Misc: Launch Application" and then for the app itself put in whatever that applications URL is (in my case it's roomie://) the app will launch from an HStouch action.

The issue I have is that from within roomie I have the same option (to invoke a URL) but it doesn't seem like hstouchpad has a URL that it answers to. If it did it would be great - I'd have the system off command in roomie fire hstouchpad back up so it would go back to my project when I was finished there.

Homeseer - any comments here, is there a URL hstouchpad will answer to (I've tried hstouchpad:// and homeseer://)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X