X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Windows Surface RT

All,
    I wanted to see what the process would be (if any) to get the HSTouch Client or a browser based interface to work on the Microsoft Surface RT.

The tablet is a great device, but because the RT version doesn't allow an install of "Desktop" apps, I wanted to know if there was a way to either A.) Get the client to work or B.) Use a browser to access HSTouch.

I'm looking at buying the plugin before the sale ends, but seem to be dealing with a lot of hurdles with this piece...

Thanks!
    Stephen

yeah, i dont think it would be "hard" for a RT client to be made, but since the adoption rate of RT is so low it might be a while or never ....

Comment

Funny, I was just searching for Surface RT too yesterday and thought it would be silly to bring this thread back to live so I didn't post at all But now that it's alive, thanks!

Surface tablets are getting interesting since they're getting heavily discounted and I personally think the metro interface is quite suitable for home automation use.
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
        Funny, I was just searching for Surface RT too yesterday and thought it would be silly to bring this thread back to live so I didn't post at all But now that it's alive, thanks!

Surface tablets are getting interesting since they're getting heavily discounted and I personally think the metro interface is quite suitable for home automation use.
        They're heavily discounted because they are not selling! MS has $1bn worth of stock they are trying shift. A bit like the story with the tablet RIM was trying to bring out.

MS might have the size to create the market for Surface long term, but it's not a success story yet ...
        Nicolai L

Comment

Well same client developed for RT "Metro" interface should work on Surface PRO and any Laptop/PC running Win8. So there are many more devices that could run that client.

I am using current desktop HS Touch client on Win8 and it is nice but not really touch friendly. Also if you have too many devices or rooms then page fills up and there is *no* scrolling capability which makes it useless - I go back to web GUI.

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
            They're heavily discounted because they are not selling! MS has $1bn worth of stock they are trying shift. A bit like the story with the tablet RIM was trying to bring out.

MS might have the size to create the market for Surface long term, but it's not a success story yet ...
            Well that's exactly the thing for hobbyist.

We've long history of repurposing failed hardware 'vessels' from Fujitsu stylistics, 3com Audreys, gateway connected touchpads, joggler openpeaks, etc which are heavily discounted.
            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I agree with the base concept - Forget just RT - This would be a good fit for the 8 Tablets - I have 4 (all x86 - no RT... I still wonder why they bothered with RT overall). The 8 tablets are selling fine, but since they are $300 - they aren't going to push huge numbers unless you are in the market for a new PC.

Id like to see a good HSTouch client for 8 Touchscreens

Comment

Working...
              X