Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Devices listed in Action Editor - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Devices listed in Action Editor - Solved!

I'm probably just not being very bright here but being a newbie to the world of HSTouch, I have managed to connect it to Homeseer (the green connection circle is showing), but when I try to add an action to a button using Action Editor, I don't have any devices listed.

I have chosen "Homeseer:Control a Homeseer Device" as the Action Type, but when I click ont the Device down arrow, there are no devices listed at all. Could I possible not have linked my HSTouch project to the Homeseer project, but if this is the case how do I do this? I suggest this as I don't feel that in HSTouch I have told it where to look for my Homeseer project, or does it just 'know' that the project running in Homeseer is the correct one?

Help much appreciated! Cut
    Last edited by Cutleryman2; December 4, 2012, 06:06 PM.

How many devices do you have in HomeSeer itself? I believe from memory if you only had one device in HS then it showed as no devices in HSTouch. If you have a low number of devices it might be worth just creating one or two extra dummy devices and then reloading HSTouch to see if that made a difference.

As long as it connects to HS then it should get the device list however it will only get the list when it first connects (pressing the green connection icon twice will reconect it) and I don't believe that it refreshes whilst connected so if you create any devices whilst HSTouch is loaded then you need to reconnect to get an updated list.

Comment

Well you've lived up to your name - you've made me happy!

It looks like it was because I only had the one device whilst I was testing it, as soom as I added a couple of others they all appeared - thanks for the very quick response.

Cut

Comment

Working...
      X