X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam FI9820W URL

Hi all

I'm just resurrecting my Foscams in HStouch. I upgraded to the model above and my URL doesn't work:

http://192.168.168.100/snapshot.cgi?...n&pwd=password

On a side note, can UltraJones netCam stuff be used in HSTouch?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
    USB UIRT
    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
    2GIG Thermostat
    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
    BLUPS
    UltraLog (SQL2008)
    Jon00 Plugins
    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
    Global Cache IP2IR
    Foscam FI8918W

The address looks like mine except I don't see your port number in it. That could be the problem.

Not sure about netcam but do you use any dvr software like blue iris?
    there's some cool htm stuff you could do then...
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Here's what mine used to look like.

"http://192.168.1.###:####/snapshot.cgi?user=XXXXX&pwd=XXXXXXX"
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Thanks Mario

I'm using port 80. Tried with :80 and no luck.

Does that URL work in a browser for you? I get: The requested URL '/snapshot.cgi?user=admin&pwd=xxxxx' was not found on this server.

I can get tot he camera normally through the web Ui using this address and port

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        USB UIRT
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Did a bit more googling and found this, which works in a browser, but isn't working in HSTouch

http://192.168.168.100/tmpfs/snap.jp...admin&pwd=XXXX

Regards

mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
          USB UIRT
          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
          2GIG Thermostat
          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
          BLUPS
          UltraLog (SQL2008)
          Jon00 Plugins
          Global Cache IP2IR
          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Yeah that's what used to work for me.
            I'm using a different method these days since I learned I can pull htm's directly through Blue Iris. This makes the live feed run much snappier and another plus is this method doesn't request HS to do the work of pulling up the image.

Comment

I have apps that show cameras. Do show the bkue iris stuff in hstouch?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              USB UIRT
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Yes. Blue Iris has a "www" folder in its program group folder that has a bunch of HTM's in it. You can mod and rename the HTM for each camera and setup a live feed for them. I learned about it on this other thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158657

Looks and performs so much better this way. He wrote up all the steps there if read further down...very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                  Yes. Blue Iris has a "www" folder in its program group folder that has a bunch of HTM's in it. You can mod and rename the HTM for each camera and setup a live feed for them. I learned about it on this other thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158657

Looks and performs so much better this way. He wrote up all the steps there if read further down...very cool.
                  Will take a look. Does BlueIris take much horsepower? I don't have a dedicated box to run it on

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                  USB UIRT
                  HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                  2GIG Thermostat
                  BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                  BLUPS
                  UltraLog (SQL2008)
                  Jon00 Plugins
                  Global Cache IP2IR
                  Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Foscam FI9820W URL

Sorry to hijack this thread a little bit but I had a question about foscams in general. I'm gonna try the blue iris thing but is the poor performance of foscam inherent to foscams or these types of cams in general? Video doesn't move in real time but seems like it skips frames. For instance, someone will be walking and they'll be across the room without seeing them traverse it. Is there a camera that doesn't do this, which actually looks like a video? Is there some kind of setting I can change?

Comment

@Jayman - That could be attributed to network performance or more importantly to using a wifi connection. I know that my wired cameras perform much smoother than wifi. Network strength has alot to do with how that video looks. Foscams will look fine if everything else is running good.

@Mark - I run it on my primary desktop minimized. I have 8 cameras on it and it runs fine in the background. I tried running it on an older pc with 3gig of ram and it wasn't happy. The more cameras you run, the more tasking on graphics. If you are using a modern desktop with at least 4gig of ram I don't think you would have any problems. You can download the trial version and try it out.

Comment

Foscam FI9820W URL

Yeah it probably was network performance. One other thing, how do you get the camera images remotely in hstouch. I could use my comcast ip but won't that open up those cams to the internet. Is there a way to password protect after opening up those ports?

Comment

Check out the link I attached above. Its a very simple method that uses HTM's to send the live feed to hstouch.

Comment

Foscam FI9820W URL

I used that link but it doesn't say anything about a wan address does it?

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood. I've never setup remote cameras for hstouch on my devices. I use ipcamviewer on those which I really like.
                              I set up the individual ports for each to be remotely accessible because it looks much better than trying to go through BI remotely.

I would think if the port is already open, you could set up an hstouch page to bring up the BI web interface page but that might be clunky if it worked that way at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X