X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1021 View Post
    Hello

I'm a big fan and supporter of HS and every time I talk to someone new to HS, they are very impressed with the functionality and general capability of the system.Unfortunately they are very unimpressed, as soon as they see the HST graphical interface.

One way or another I'm in.

I don't know, if this is even possible, but I was always hopping for HST to constantly/dynamically change the Home Screen background with (video loop...maybe) base upon the weather, time (day vs night) or condition (home vs away) etc.with screens fade in and out.

I'm not a graphic designer, but I know a few of them with solid background and experience, please let me know what exactly is that you are looking for.

Great initiative,thanks
    I have come up with a quick solution for this background idea, and it MIGHT work. This is a great idea. Thank you!

It might be that having a video background breaks the video viewer panels, but I am still testing.
    Edit: It looks like I can do it, but it is a bit of a layering headache. No promises yet, but it looks positive.
    What will not be possible at first is fading in and out of some background image. Cycled pictures and video should be OK though.

I will be quite busy this coming week with my day job, and today I must move my home office (growing family and all), so unfortunately I may not make much progress until the next weekend.
    Last edited by Automated; September 29, 2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I'm glad you like the idea I have few more.
      Good lack with the moving...it's always a pain

I've talked to one of the graphic designers and his iswilling to help.
      What specifically would you like to have ( file type, size ,resolution, image etc.) to start incorporating video images loops into HS background, I hope we can help.

I have to admit I'm exited about this project, I hope it will work.

Comment

Interested

Yes I am also interested

Comment

This could be an example of what I'm after (thanks to my graphic designer)

let's say the left side represents a video loop of weather or status, etc

and the right side is the "static one" with buttons and direct access to the sub screens

keep in mind this is just an idea.

I've talked to few people about it and they all like it a lot!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you planning an Android version?

Comment

HSTouch skin project with dynamic content is underway

Someone would be able to take the template and adjust it for Android, but I am not building it for Android. There are two reasons.

First, there are different screen resolutions, and scaling behaviors between different Android devices. I would not be able to provide a template for them all. Secondly, some of the GUI behaviors with screen elements are likely different, so that some of what I am calling dynamic, or callable and configurable from the back end configuration, may not even work with Android. Again, that doesn't keep someone from reusing the template, and making requisite designer changes to make it their own, and possibly still reuse some of the functionality, it just means it will take more work.

Comment

and the right side is the "static one" with buttons and direct access to the sub screens

Something like that could be done, but you would need to add the large buttons with the selection options yourself. From the template I am making you could pretty easily see how I call other screens and such, and copy those element actions into your custom buttons.

I hope to start to make progress again slowly this week. Last week and the weekend were wiped out by the day job, and fall house preparations.

Comment

Is this project on going or is it available? If available where do u get it?
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The project is ongoing. I have checked into making it available through the HS store, and that will be an option once it is ready, assuming there is enough community support that a business case exists for me to invest in the graphics license to do so. When it is much closer to completion, I will likely post a poll on the forum to see where it stands. I am guessing there will need to be around 30 persons interested at a cost of around 99 dollars just to break even on the capital, not even to mention time spent building it.

Comment

Cool graphics!, looks real nice, good concept.

This just goes to prove what graphics artists can do for us techies.
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Count me in! we definitely need a better GUI for HS... the system is so great and we need to better reflect what we have. keep us posted.
                        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Re: HSTouch skin project with dynamic content is underway

+1 for android if supported.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                          HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                            Someone would be able to take the template and adjust it for Android, but I am not building it for Android. There are two reasons.

First, there are different screen resolutions, and scaling behaviors between different Android devices. I would not be able to provide a template for them all. Secondly, some of the GUI behaviors with screen elements are likely different, so that some of what I am calling dynamic, or callable and configurable from the back end configuration, may not even work with Android. Again, that doesn't keep someone from reusing the template, and making requisite designer changes to make it their own, and possibly still reuse some of the functionality, it just means it will take more work.
                            I would think for ~$99, Android would be supported, perhaps in limited resolutions, but iOS is not as popular as it once was. Especially if you have tried any of the Asus or Samsung tablets. I would agree with you not to support the off brand devices, but the branded ones do have standard resolutions.
                            -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                              Something like that could be done, but you would need to add the large buttons with the selection options yourself. From the template I am making you could pretty easily see how I call other screens and such, and copy those element actions into your custom buttons.

I hope to start to make progress again slowly this week. Last week and the weekend were wiped out by the day job, and fall house preparations.
                              I like the "large buttons" idea but how do I make a left screen:

into constantly changing weather animated loop and second

how do I associate rainy weather screen with let's say rainy weather
                              condition/status

I'm good with $99 for the pro.graphics, by the way.

Comment

I am interested in this project and in Android support. Shoemaker's children - I never quite get time to play with HSTouch for my own home nearly as much as I want to... something about trying to keep up with the user's demands for HS3 and all... ;-)

As for dynamic graphics - good way I have found is to have your HSTouch project reference a device's image/graphic, and then it's easy to change that from a HomeSeer script. For example, when the weather changes, change the image with an HS script, and instantly the clients connected get updated, and clients that connect next will get the latest image.

This also works for your one-button desires. I have a graphic associated with the different security system status values that shows a green shield (armed) or a red shield (not armed) - and I could I suppose add an orange shield for armed with zone(s) bypassed. Anyway, a button in HSTouch is set to use that device's image, so it is always up-to-date with the security system, and then the HSTouch action when I click on it can be to toggle through different settings or to just toggle the device if it is a light. In the case of the security system since I have different modes I may arm it in and I do not want to cycle through them, I have direct buttons on the screen where I arm/disarm, but I reference the device's graphic on most of the screens so that at-a-glance I can see if the security system is armed or not.
                                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                                X