X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch Script Parms

Hi,

I currently have a script that passes in two parameters. Everything works great in Homeseer events. I would like to use HS Touch run a Homeseer script with values from Elements. I see how it works and I have added both parameters. However, it doesn't work. I think its because in my script I use | to separate both parameters and HS Touch doesn't. So do you know how HS Touch is separating the parameters? What character is HS touch using?

The parameters come from HS with the ASCII character 7 separating them, so you need to split by Chr(7) and you then should get what you are after in an array.

Comment

There is also a difference in between how an Android tablet or a windows app sends the parameters

From my previous postings on this
      =========================
      On the Android client if you use a few textboxes to hold value to pass them to a script then the delimiter between the paramets is the value 4 and not Char(4). Because of this its impossible to send value as parameters.

=========================
      Send parameters from HST to a script
      If you use more then 1 textbox as input fields and used these values as parameters then they should be delimited by as char(4) character see more on this here http://http://board.homeseer.com/sho...ript+parameter

However the parameter that is passed to the script doesn't have the char(4) character but the actual number 4
      For example if i enter in 3 textboxes the following data
      timer1
      00:56:12
      eggs

then i will get timer1400:56:124eggs as parameter in my script

Obviously i can use split or replace on this with a certain result
      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Depending on the parameters you are trying to send, the other option would be to store the parameters in a virtual device, and then look at the value of that virtual device in a script.

For example I had something similar with a TV controller HSTouch screen, I had a button which let me select which TV i was going to work with, then buttons for On / Off, Vol, Channel and so on.

If I hit On, it would run a script which would look for the value of the virtual device, and then trigger the respective IR signal.

I have seen others do a similar thing with Cameras as well.

Just food for thought if getting around the parameters direct from HSTouch is a pain.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
        X