This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTOUCH server not starting

I did an upgrade, after completion the HSTOUCH module is not starting on initialization. After the upgrade the box was checked for automatic start removed HSTOUCH reinstalled checked the box again still no start. Is there a way to start this manually?

HS TOUCH was working prior to my update.

Everything else Homeseer is operating as before.

Paul

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file indicating an issue with HSTouch during the startup of HS?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Log file attached

When I start the server it initially throws a pop up which asks if I want to Repair HS Touch or Remove it (that probably indicates an error) - I select Repair it says it's repaired then throws a Checkbox asking if I want to Start HS touch when the server starts - that I check. Says installed successfully.

I don't see it on the Interfaces Screen (I thought it used to be there but now not sure - it ran for a year so one forgets) and I can't find it running with any device.

I stop and restart but always the same routine. I uninstall and re-install.

Thanks for your help

Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you referring to the Windows HSTouch client or the HSTouch Server within HomeSeer? I did not see HSTouch in your HS log file so you need to make sure you have the HSTouch server enabled.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm refering to the HSTOUCH server

The HS TOUCH Server says it's installing and enabling at HomeSeer start but I realize the process does not start and no log entry to indicate it has. That essentially is my question. I install the process request that it start when the server starts - it says OK but it does not start.

I do know the difference between the client and server process.

It was a server update I was doing initially.

Is there a process to clean this process out and begin from scratch - an uninstall and reboot does not seem to.

P

Comment

Figured it out - but complex and a bug I think - comments

So after 20 or so uninstalls and reinstalls and no success I took to looking at the ini files etc.. I looked for files changed in the last few days and voila.

I had originally installed the HS demo then purchased HS PRO (all this a year ago) so when I looked in the Programs Directory I see the two folders - still. When I run HomeSeer it runs HS2 PRO and the old one seems benign.

I have been installing updates and add ons all along and they have all updated to the correct and newer HS2 PRO folder (I think). No issues until now.

So I Renamed the HS2 Folder as an experiment and it created a new one during the update. This was a clue.

I see it put the HSTouch config files etc in the original Homeseer HS2 Directory not the Homeseer HS2PRO Directory - the result was that the install gave all the successful messages but when HS started nothing is loaded.

I copied all the files from the appropriate places in HS2 and Pasted them in HS2PRO then added the parts of io string in the new ini file to the HS2PRO ini file and when I started the HomeSeer server everything happened as normal and HS TOUCH is working.

So the questions - did I do something - should I do something? How can this happen? Should the old HS2 Directory be deleted - I don't remember those instructions.

Where does the system get the path for updates - is it fixed or does it compose it based on some algorithm?

If know I can maybe fix this issue so it doesn't happen again.

Some help is appreciated, Thanks

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X