This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch status tracking not updating

I have this issue that starting happening to me. My system has been stable for a long time now but suddenly (don't know due to what change) some status tracking images don't update. It will get the correct status when starting up HStouch but than won't update when it changes. When I check in the web page the status is updating correctly. Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
    Marcel

Unfortunately things can get like this and at times it has been the bane of my life. I've found problems if the screen is set to show over the top then the screen on the bottom (hidden from view) does not update, I have had problems with changing music player on one screen, going back to another to find those devices no longer represent what is happening so it definitely can happen when some of the elements are not being truthful.

Some things to thing about:

1) Can you pin point these devices that are not updating down to one set from a plugin or script?
    2) If so check in the HS Web GUI whether the last change column is also reflecting that they are changing, HSTouch uses this data to determine whether or not to send the data to HSTouch
    3) Try loading the screen with the stuck element on, then trying to force a change in the data (you could set the device value in the control panel) to see if it changes.

Comment

Hello mrhappy,

Thank you for your advise. Number 3 triggered the solution for me.
      I changed my setup in such a way that when a button is pressed I wait 2 seconds and then reload the screen.

Thanks
      Marcel

Comment

In HS2, HSTouch was working fine for me but in HS3 it's very hit and miss.

I'm running HS .43 + HSTouch .11 + Android Client .44 and status updates are almost non existent. I enabled debug for HSTouch and I can see plenty of string and value change events going on.

Sometimes the updates will reach HSTouch 10 seconds after the event and sometimes they never get there.

I have a virtual device set up with 2 value / graphic pairs 0=Off and 1=On. When I start the client the status is correct, however if I change this from within the main HS device view it almost never updates on the client. I see a CAPI log entry for the device change however I don't see a HSTouch debug entry.

Controlling the device from HSTouch works fine, although I have also seen the device status go out of sync if it's controlled from HSTouch.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          In HS2, HSTouch was working fine for me but in HS3 it's very hit and miss.

I'm running HS .43 + HSTouch .11 + Android Client .44 and status updates are almost non existent.
          Same here! I never had a problem until I updated to HS3, now at version 54.

Did you ever find a solution for this?
          stefxx

Comment

I'm not even close of willing to switch to HS3 because I'm depending to much on a stable version of homeseer since I'm travelling a lot. The only way for me to get status updates reliably in HS2 is to reload the screen as MrHappy suggested.

Marcel

Comment

After restarting HS3 (not the HStouch client), updating the screens works for a few hours... and then it stops...
              stefxx

Comment

We think we found this problem, its in HS3 and 3.0.0.66 should fix it. Should be shortly.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've been helping Rich recently with a related issue and running a few test builds to track the issue down.

It looks like it is now fixed

This will also be good news for anyone using plug-ins that use callbacks to detect device changes in HS3.

Paul..

Comment

I know this post is 2 years old but I am having the same problem with my Windows HSTouch client. Status tracking does not update if the devices are on a screen other than the home screen. It's been doing this for many months and over many versions of the HSTouch server and HS3. Yesterday I updated to HSTouch v 3.0.0.36 from .30 and, as a test, opened the screen where I have many many z-wave & virtual devices statuses (stati?) and changed the state of several of them using the web interface. None of them updated on the screen. I left that screen alone for several hours to see if it would eventually update and it never did. I closed the screen and re-opened it and still no update. I closed HSTouch and restarted it and the devices had updated.
                    Also, I noticed on this version of HSTouch, sometimes devices on the home screen don't update unless I restart HSTouch. I have never seen that before.

Is this a known bug? Are there any workarounds?

- Robert

HS3 v 3.0.0.208, HSTouch Server V3.0.0.91, HSTouch Windows 3.0.0.36, Z-Wave V 3.0.1.25

Comment

Mine are updating. The version you mentioned was the version of the designer. I think more important would be the version of the HSTouch server plugin and possibly HS itself. I happen to be running the latest beta .91 from the updater. You could give it a try if you are OK with a beta. Probably double-check your HS version too.

EDIT: Just noticed you had versions in your sig. Looks like we're running the same versions.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

v.36 is also the version of HSTouch that Designer v .36 installs.

It's worth noting that at work I am integrating Homeseer with much of the same hardware I use at home so I have the luxury of comparing results between the 2 systems. The Homeseer system at work also exhibits this problem. It is running the same versions of HS3, HSTouch/server plugin as my home system and I am using a different project with only a few devices.

It's puzzling that your devices update properly. I need to do some more experimentation between the 2 systems. (Just need to do it when the boss isn't around).

- Robert

Comment

HSTouch status tracking not updating - SOLVED

I did some experimenting yesterday and discovered that if I use the command "Show a screen on top of the current screen LOCKED", some devices don't update. Z-wave switches, electrical outlets, thermostats, and the DSC plugin devices all update immediately. Z-wave sensors (both gen5 & gen6) and virtual devices don't update unless you click on the element.
                          However, if I use the command: "Show a screen on top of the current screen" (no LOCKED), all devices update.

So for now, that's the work around. I tested this on 2 separate Homeseer networks for approximately 24 hours.

- Robert

Comment

Working...
                          X