This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 still struggling with status update

After my upgrade to HS 1.0.73 I experienced several issues with my HSTouch screens. Most of them I have resolved but I'm stuck now with updating music variables. When starting HSTouch the correct values are present but they are not refreshed. I have to restart HSTouch to get the latest data. Is there a way to force HSTouch to refresh certain variables?

Thanks
    Marcel

Is this the WMP plugin (if not which is it?)? If the WMP then no way to force a refresh, this is a bit of an issue I have with the WMP plugin. I managed to narrow it down to the fact that if the music changed on one screen and I had another label on another screen (that was not loaded) then this screen would hold the value it was at when it loaded.

Comment

Actually I'm using JRMC. I know the plugin is partly broken but the basic functionality I needed (start, stop, pause, volume and display album data) worked in 1.0.52. Now with 1.0.73 sending commands works still fine but status updates like album info don't. I did find that with the new version 1.0.73 string data has to change before it is updated. So if you are pointing to a filename that is the same but the content changes it won't be updated.

Marcel

Comment

Here I had a similar issue with the XP HSTouch clients.

It was mostly related to the CCTV stuff where I would see an old cached image while switching from one screen to another.

I removed the indexing configured on these clients. It seemed to alleviate the lagging HSTouch cache stuff.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,

For testing purposes I have reduced my HStouch screen layout to 1 screen with the player. I get the same result current information is present at startup but doesn't update. I also tried this on my Android (BTW this was the whole reason that pushed me to upgrade) with the same result.

I have one question what do you exactly mean by :

"I removed the indexing configured on these clients."

Thanks
          Marcel
          Last edited by MdeMan; December 7, 2013, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X