This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rss data not being refreshed

Im grabbing an RSS feed from NOAA for current conditions, and the data is not being updated(one of the fields im grabbing is a time stamp). its been the same time shown for > 5 hours now.

if i kill the client, and restart it, the data is updated.

is there a setting or an event or something i should be running?

I think you are one of a number of people who have said this, I take it this is HS3 HSTouch? If the HS2 version is anything to go by then when the plugin initializes then you should have an entry saying that an RSS thread is started and then it gives the update interval - HS3 might be the same so have a look there. If the data is not updating as per the update interval then I would say your only hope is to submit a bug report and see what is said.

Comment

No it's an old copy of hs2, I saw all the bugs/complaints about hs3, I thought I would stay away until it's better

I get nothing in the log about rss data. Although, I've not rebooted the server since I added rss data

Comment

There might be two issues at play, one is whereby values do appear to get cached on a particular value and this appears to be a screen loading issue and the other is whether the timer thread is actually updating. If you go back through when the plugin first starts you should get an entry about RSS watch thread, what does it's value show?

Comment

it suddenly started working

i'll continue to monitor, glad its only currently 1 RSS stream, once i know it works i'll have more

Comment

Working...
          X