This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPro/HSTouch Designer problems...

In an attempt to resolve some HSTouch issues (in another post) I upgraded to Designer/Client version 1.0.0.76. Now, when I start Designer or attempt to reconnect to the HS2 HSTouch Server (on another machine), I get a series of errors and the Designer fails to connect.

The first error in the series is very strange:

After clicking the OK button, shortly thereafter I get:

Then quickly thereafter I get:

And of course Designer does not connect. After several failed attempts, I was able to get the Client to connect, just not Designer. I have checked the connection specifications and they remain the same as they were prior to the upgrade. Am I missing something here?

Thanks
    Gary

Which version of HS2 are you using?
    .76 Designer is working with .81 of HS2 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
      Which version of HS2 are you using?
      .76 Designer is working with .81 of HS2 for me.
      Interesting. I first upgraded HS2 to .81, then Designer to .76 and this error started. I have no idea how to even troubleshoot this issue.

Gary

Comment

Revert to older versions. There was a bunch of changes that made you upgrade EVERYTHING.

That's one reason I've not upgraded. I use older ipods that cannot be updated...so I'm stuck on an older version of all tools/apps.

Aside from having to revert my phone each time I do a Google Play "Total" update (easier than selecting each app one at a time for updating)...it works just fine.

Of course, I learned what to stay away from (things that were broken...in this version...)., since I cannot update.

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

By "everything" I assume you mean all the plugins? Do you know if all (or most) of the developers have updated their handiwork to accommodate the HS2 changes you mention? When I go into the Updater, there are no versions showing to be updated.

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

Here are the versions that I have that are working for me.

HomeSeer 2.5.0.81
            HSTouch Android 1.0.0.2
            HSTouch iPhone 1.0.0.2
            HSTouch Server 1.0.0.70
            HSTouch Server Unlimited 1.0.0.1

HSTouch Designer 1.0.0.76

HSTouch Server 1.0.0.72 is the latest and is probably okay. I just haven't gotten around to updating it.

I am using Android client 1.0.0.94, but I wouldn't think that would matter.

Comment

HSTouch Server 1.0.0.72 is the latest and is probably okay. I just haven't gotten around to updating it.
              Well the only difference between what you have installed and what I have installed is that I have HSTouch Server 1.0.0.72.

Thanks
              Gary

Comment

Just as another mostly useless datapoint for you...
                I just "upgraded" to 1.0.0.72. As far as I can tell, that didn't change (break) anything.

If it's any consolation, I went through months of HS being too unstable to run more than a day or so, while most others didn't seem to be having any problem. .81 is much better, but I still have to have a scheduled restart every week, as it would get unstable after a week and a half to two weeks.

Comment

Just as another mostly useless datapoint for you...
                  I'm getting used to HS disappointments. When confronted with a mountain of work to convert to a buggy HS3, and a deteriorating HS2, I am more and more inclined to get out of my home automation hobby altogether.

Actually my HS2 is still reasonable stable, except for the RegisterConfigLink errors on startup that so far, do not appear to impact any function. Designer on my development machine is pretty much dead (errors above), although I really haven't applied any serious troubleshooting to it. With HS2 & HS2/HSTouch a legacy product it is hard for me to work up any enthusiasm to develop my apps any further anyway. I was hoping someone had seen these error conditions before and had a fix for them.

Thanks for your feedback.
                  Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X