This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Tablet's Webcam in HSTouch

I Need some help. I am trying to view my tablet's webcam in HSTOUCH. I use this tablet as the main interface for Homeseer functions so I mounted it on the wall next to the alarm keypad. I am using the app IP Webcam on the tablet and using a pc have Yawcam setup for motion detect. That works great. I have also setup Yawcam to output the video and have successfully viewed that video on HSTouch but that is a clumsy way to view video and requires that power hungry pc to be on all the time.
    So for this excercise I shut off Yawcam. As it is configured, I can view the tablet's video in a browser. In HSTouch, I inserted a text element on a screen and set 'Is HTML' True. I created a frame per djjcoleman's and nightwalker's posts (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133180).

Try as I might, I can't get a live video feed. I can get snapshots but that is all. I have also added an image element to the same screen so each change I make to the html file gets sent to both the text & image elements.
    Per Rupp's link on the same post, I looked the HTML reference guide but didn't see anything obvious but it's a little over my head anyway.

These are all the Frame SRC links that I have tried and the results:
    These produced pics in both HSTouch and the web browser
    "http://ipaddressort/shot.jpg"
    "http://ipaddressort/photo.jpg"

These gave a White screen in HSTouch but Live video in a broswer
    "http://ipaddressort/videofeed"
    /video
    /video?submenu=mjpg

All of these gave a white screen on both HSTouch a the web browser
    "http://ipaddressort/snapshot"
    /snapshot.cgi
    /image.cgi
    /image.jpg
    /image.jpg?type=motion
    /videostream.cgi
    /videostream.asf
    //cgi-bin/viewer/video.jpg
    /cgi-bin/viewer/video.jpg
    /img/video.mjpeg
    /mjpeg
    /nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Motion
    /nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240
    /nphMotionJpeg
    /videostream.asf?resolution=64&rate=0

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Viewing Tablet's Webcam in HSTouch - SOLVED

IP Webcam came out with an update and now I can view live video from my tablet's webcam on another HSTouch client's image element.
    The URL syntax for the image element is:
    http://192.168.x.xxxort/shot.jpg

I find this feature useful as a security cam. Since the tablet is mounted on a wall, it's webcam is available as a freebie. IP Webcam has built in motion detection which is also useful.

Robert

Comment

I had sent him a request a week ago or something to add a few features (assuming we are talking about the same app). I will have to check it out again now and see if it is where I need it to be. FYI, I was already able to use that app along with Blue Iris, and then link HSTouch to Blue Iris. I typically do my HSTouch feeds that way, as many clients can often slow down the frame rate of an IP based camera. By running your streams from an actual server, you free up the camera processor to always run full speed. I had not seen your thread, or else I would have lent the advice sooner. I had asked him to add an option to have it use the front camera by default as an option, as well as an option to run it GUI-less. Hopefully he did...I will check out the update.

Comment

The latest version of IP Webcam is 1.9.11r. I use the free version. How about you?

Comment

Ah, just checked, and I was referring to one called IPCamera, a different app.

Comment

FYI, there is also a pretty ok one called IP Cam.

Comment

Good to know. This version of IP Webcam seems to work great. I wonder if the app could be used to wake up the tablet upon motion. I need to play with that. I don't want the upstairs tablet glowing all night long so if I walk by, I'd like it to wake up showing me the HSTouch screen.

Comment

Viewing Tablet's Webcam in HSTouch

That IP Cam one I mentioned has a pro version that detects motion, but it would be a real convoluted sequence of events to use that for a wakeup. It would need a jailbreak, and your own mailbox to receive the notification (potential delay), and then use a ssh script from the HS server to wake it up. In the end it would be clunky and not work fast enough. What I do is use regular motion sensors nearby, and from those triggers have HS wake up the tablets. This also requires a jailbreak, but is really smooth.

Some day I would like to do a write up, but I am constantly busy. Right now I have multiple holes in walls and ceilings adding some things (in ceiling speakers, some more 1 wire sensors, one water leak sensor, and few other doodads. I like all of this hardwired, but it is quite time consuming in a retrofit... If I am not busy adding things, then I am busy trying to keep this place running and fixed (normal homeowner rant about things breaking comstantly). Today we found that our kitchen sink faucet is leaking underneath and the cabinet hardboard backing and bottom are soggy. Of course, this is one of the spots I have not put a water sensor in yet. Bleh.

Comment

I'll wait for Aeon sensor to go on sale. You're right, that's a better way.

I hate plumbing. I have a leak in my walk-in shower that I had a handyman do for me several years ago. I opened up the ceiling in the garage so I could see the shower drain and I found that he had cut a hole in the shower pan and deck screws are penetrating it as well. I think that the grout made it water proof until it started to crack. Anyway, I am fixing it myself. I figure that if a guy makes that kind of mistake, he doesn't know the right way to do it so keep him away... far away. So I am removing the tile and will dig down and see where it takes me. I guess I'll have to remove the lower section of wall tile too so I can replace the water barrier. Arg!

Comment

btw, there is a comprehensive database of URLs to access webcams built in jpg streaming and image capture functions. I often refer to that list when implementing a new cam in zoneminder.

http://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

I just embedded a jpg stream in an hstouch screen (image block), very nice. mjpg does not work however.

for example, a cheap legacy ethernet trendnet tvp-ip110:
                    imageURLnormal http://IPADDRESS/cgi/jpg/image.cgi
                    IsVideo True
                    IsVidRefresh 1

Comment

Looking at this and downloading to my android tablets. It looks like it offers motion detection and tasker integration. Would be groovy to have Homeseer notified if motion is detected. See a couple of ways to do this including setting a device or calling an event. Anyone done this?

Comment

I also use the homeseer web interface a lot is there a way to embed the video feed in there? Jon has that customer web page builder but was wondering if there is an easy way to do it.

Comment

Is there an iOS solution that offers the same functionality and can be run in the background?

Comment

You can use one of the iOS apps that I mentioned and run something like Blue Iris on your normal computerr/server. Blue Iris can then do the motion detection. From there you can integrate Blue Iris with HS to get the trigger.

Comment

Oh I thought you were talking about android apps. Do they run in the background?

Is it worth the sixty bucks on the blue iris software and plugin?

Comment

Working...
                              X