This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to re-use designed screens

I designed a fully functional UI for iPhone 6 using HSTouch.
    I'm designing UI for iPad now and I was wondering if I can re-use some of the screens I designed for the iPhone. I can not find any export/import tools to move screens between two different designs.
    Am I missing something here? Can it be done?
    Thanks,

risquare

Yes - open two instances of the designer and cut/paste between the two projects.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

How to re-use designed screens

Or you can build your screen buttons to just fire scripts, and then based on a master label per screen, or other mechanisms, allow your scripting to then differentiate which screen instance is calling and act appropriately. In this way you can not only reuse screens, but make a whole new one with only copy/pasting, and then editing a script or ini file in the backend. You can build an entire client setup that is reusable and dynamic although the work to set it all up at first is much more and this gets into a bit of advanced development depending on how crazy you go with it. I use this especially to make additional audio/video screens and such with great success.

Comment

no luck so far

@ automated

Thank you for your suggestions. Second one is beyond me so I tried the first one.
        Managed to open two instances of HSTouch designer. No problem.
        Copy doesn't work though. If I do copy a screen called "xyz", than a copy of the screen with name "xyz-copy1" emerges in the current design. However it doesn't go onto Windows to be available for later paste.
        I can copy and paste individual elements of the screen such as buttons, but not the whole screen.
        Also "drag and drop" from one HSTouch instance to the other doesn't work either.

Thanks,

risquare

Comment

ooops

@ rmasonjr

Actually it was your suggestion that I tried. Sorry. And thanks to you as well.
          There is no option to "cut" so I tried "copy" and "paste" with no success as described above.

risquere

Comment

Setup a blank screen in the project (project 1) where you want to copy a screen to.

Go to the other designer and select the screen to copy from (project 2). Do a CTRL A so that all of the elements are selected. Do a CTRL C to copy all of the elements.

Switch to the blank screen (project 1) and do a CTRL V.
            That will copy all of the elements over. Then you will have to setup the background for the new screen.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

this works, however

@ CFGuy

Thanks a lot. I came to the same conclusion on my own (proudly :-)
              It does work. However many of the buttons that are arranged nicely in the original design come scrambled and tangled on top of each other after the paste is performed. It is manageable to untangle them and re-arrange them, however it's no fun.

Comment

Working...
              X