Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web camera for HSTouch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Web camera for HSTouch

    I'm an extremist as far as web cameras go. I tried early versions 10 years ago and was dissatisfied by the picture quality. I decided to wait for the technology to improve. I might have waited too long. Anyhow I'm ready to jump in now. Since I'll be buying 5 or 6 of them I really want to make the best possible choice. So help will be highly appreciated of what to choose. Here are my needs

    1. Must integrate with HSTouch
    2. Must have WiFi
    3. Outdoor/Weatherproof
    4. Image quality 1080p or higher
    5. PTZ - optional

    I see that HomeSeer sells Foscam outdoor IP camera that integrates with HSTouch allegedly. Amazon reviews are not that great for this camera though. So I stay open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

    #2
    I have a bunch of Axis IP cameras that I have been very happy with so far. They have several models and form factors depending on how you want to mount and what resolution you want.

    One suggestion - One of the ones I got was 4K - I found it to be overkill, the image quality I get is actually inferior because of the downscaling, and nothing I own can actually handle full 4K so I would stick with the HD cameras for now.

    I got Blue Iris software to manage them and record them. The App that goes with it is excellent. I also got an SD card for each so they record motion internally as well.

    I got a Foscam a couple of years ago and it dropped dead a couple days after the warrantee ran out, I agree with the concerns about the reliability.

    Comment


      #3
      ThankYou JohnBoy

      It's my objective to integrate the cameras with HSTouch.
      How easy or difficult it is to integrate Axis IP cams with HSTouch?

      What is the role of Blue Iris software. Is it for integration with HomeSeer (HSTouch) or is it used to build a separate and independent video surveillance system.

      RI2

      Comment


        #4
        I have many Axis cameras and use Blue Iris for HSTouch integration. The main reason for Blue Iris in the middle is that the processors in the cameras generally start dropping frame rate the more clients that connect. So I have a single full frame rate and resolution feed to Blue Iris, and from there multiple streams rebroadcast to HSTouch. In this way, the camera performance doesn't drop.

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks @Automated

          If it is not a big trouble would you please share step by step instructions how to make the whole thing working. It seems to me that HSTouch would accept URL only. Does that mean that Blue Iris would act as a web server.

          Thanks

          RI2

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Automated View Post
            I have many Axis cameras and use Blue Iris for HSTouch integration. The main reason for Blue Iris in the middle is that the processors in the cameras generally start dropping frame rate the more clients that connect. So I have a single full frame rate and resolution feed to Blue Iris, and from there multiple streams rebroadcast to HSTouch. In this way, the camera performance doesn't drop.
            Automated,
            Do you have a designated DVR for cameras and if so, which one did you choose? Or is their another method that you have utilized?
            Jim
            ----
            Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

            Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

            Comment


              #7
              I use the same Blue Iris for recording, though I will evaluate Sighthound when I get some free time, as Ultra makes a nice plugin for HS to integrate the analytics it has into HS events. I started an evaluation earlier, but have not had time to finish it, as I need to set up a clean test virtual machine first.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by risquare View Post
                Thanks @Automated

                If it is not a big trouble would you please share step by step instructions how to make the whole thing working. It seems to me that HSTouch would accept URL only. Does that mean that Blue Iris would act as a web server.

                Thanks

                RI2
                I am too busy at the moment to do a full write up, but yes, Blue Iris has a build in web server, and under each configured camera you can select an option to rebroadcast it as a stream.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Foscam C1 at 720p and C2 for !080p

                  Originally posted by risquare View Post
                  I'm an extremist as far as web cameras go. I tried early versions 10 years ago and was dissatisfied by the picture quality. I decided to wait for the technology to improve. I might have waited too long. Anyhow I'm ready to jump in now. Since I'll be buying 5 or 6 of them I really want to make the best possible choice. So help will be highly appreciated of what to choose. Here are my needs

                  1. Must integrate with HSTouch
                  2. Must have WiFi
                  3. Outdoor/Weatherproof
                  4. Image quality 1080p or higher
                  5. PTZ - optional

                  I see that HomeSeer sells Foscam outdoor IP camera that integrates with HSTouch allegedly. Amazon reviews are not that great for this camera though. So I stay open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.
                  Neither is actually outdoor rated, but mounted beneath eve and under a deck, two survived a very wet season. Here on an island both survived a very wet season. One 4 day period of 25+ inches of rain, and a 3 day period of 15+ inches. Each time with 1 to 2 days of 30 to 60 mph winds. I love the extra wide viewing angle of these cameras and better than average night vision. I am going to switch over more outdoor and indoor older Foscam and TrendNet cameras to these models. The 2-way audio on the C2 is surprisingly good. Both are N level wifi.

                  I run my cameras through an old big XPS tower running BlueIris and have the BI plugin. I like being able to use all the HS3 device actions and device status to control BI recording. Far better than either the cameras or BI motion detection.

                  These models will run in HSTouch projects, but i do not clutter and burden slow down my client projects with displaying camera images or streaming. The BI app does an excellent job of handling remote viewing. IP Camera Viewer Pro app also does.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks Clay

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Insteon Ip Camera control

                      hello everyone. been trying to figure out how i can apply a insteon camera control with Hs touch design.
                      i have tried every suggestion, with every command listed , but no luck.
                      i am not a pro. wish someone can help me with sort of step by step to generate the needed command for

                      up
                      down
                      right,
                      left
                      preset 1
                      video stream
                      record
                      motion
                      alarm


                      let's use an assumed info as 192.168.6.26:80 with user name XYZ and password 1234


                      thanks for your help

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi

                        risquare or Automated

                        did you ever get a chance of writing up a step by step of how you use blue iris
                        and Hstouch?

                        I have Blue Iris on evaluation and would really like to see how well I can integrate it into Hstouch.

                        Thanks

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X