HStouch has stopped working error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HStouch has stopped working error

I'm running HStouch designer 3.0.30, HSTouch Plugin BETA 3.0.0.104, and latest Android HStouch app, I believe 1.0.0.144. The app store says running latest.

What I'm doing is using HS3 events from Blue Iris camera motion, garage door open/close, gate open/close, etc to turn on video on my android clients for 2 minutes and undim the screen for 2 minutes. I've been showing the camera for a while and no issues. When I started running the app to dim/undim the screen is when the problem started. When there is no activity the screen dim to a setting where I can see status of items, but it is not super bright. If I touch the screen the screen brightens to a mid level and the activity triggers the full brightness for 2 min.

I used different apps to dim, and the problem persists, so pretty sure it is not the app. I even put in a fake app name of "test" so no app actually runs and it will eventually case a crash of HStouch. Seems running any app remotely via the HStouch designer "MISC: Launch Application" feature enough times will cause the crash. Each time I run the screen dim app it toggles between screen dim and screen not dim and runs entirely in the background. I suspect because this runs 50+ times a day there is a stack overflow somewhere in the HStouch app.

Any guidance on how I might avoid this issue while still being able to dim/undim screen remotely? I tried to use the HStouch feature to set screen brightness, but it does not work on any of my android clients.

Worst case an app that would restart HStouch every time it crashes would be a stopgap for now.

Thanks,

Guy
Working...
X