Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Change name of Fire Tablet from Android:Android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change name of Fire Tablet from Android:Android?

Does anyone know how to change the names of my Various Fire Tablets. I have changed the name in the ‘Device Options’ settings on the Fire, under Change Your Device Name.
    When I try and deploy a new file from HSTouch into one of the Fire Tablets they all still show as Android:Android with just the IP Addresses different.
    whilst I can live with that, under the attached Speaker Clients they are also listed as Android:Android with no IP Addresses so therefore I have no idea where i’m sending the speech to....
    I must be missing something??

I seem to recall that I set my speaker client name on the tablet but within the HS Touch program. Push the "Menu" HS Touch command, and check your settings.

Comment

Hi aa6vh,

Thanks for the response. I am a bit unsure as to what and where you are finding the "Menu" buttons to change the settings. Could you elaborate any further??

Many thanks

Comment

Brilliant, after playing around with the settings in HSTouch I finally found it, many thanks aa6vh for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
        X