Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to play a wav file on an android client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.mediaplay and hs.playwavfile don't seem to work for this.

Try doing it via TTS IE hs.speak("C:\doorbell.wav", True, "Android:Android")...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Try doing it via TTS IE hs.speak("C:\doorbell.wav", True, "Android:Android")...
      I really should try something before I open my mouth, I can't get it to work on my HTC Wildfire. Normal TTS works but wave files don't, they should work - if I specify all clients then wave files play on the windows speaker clients.

So playing wave files via HSTouchSpeak does not work on the iPhone client, Linux client and Droid client.

Comment

I really should try something before I open my mouth, I can't get it to work on my HTC Wildfire. Normal TTS works but wave files don't, they should work - if I specify all clients then wave files play on the windows speaker clients.

So playing wave files via HSTouchSpeak does not work on the iPhone client, Linux client and Droid client.
        Wave is not a natively supported file format by the Android media player. There are some 3rd party apps in the Android app store, but it probably isn't going to work the way you want.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
          Wave is not a natively supported file format by the Android media player. There are some 3rd party apps in the Android app store, but it probably isn't going to work the way you want.
          I thought HSTouchSpeak encoded all TTS as a wave file on the server and then sent it across to the client to play, as I say normal TTS works so i'm sure its playing wave files correctly it's just not playing wave files that are already wave files.

Comment

I wonder if someone from HST could comment on why this would, wouldn't or shouldn't work.

Comment

I do know that on the latest android client 1.0.15, if you use "hs.speak" to play a wav file, you get the actual filename spoken instead of the wav sound.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                I do know that on the latest android client 1.0.15, if you use "hs.speak" to play a wav file, you get the actual filename spoken instead of the wav sound.
                Very strange, i'm also running .15 and when I try to play a wave file I get nothing, no speech at all - TTS its quite happy with sending...??

Comment

Very strange, i'm also running .15 and when I try to play a wave file I get nothing, no speech at all - TTS its quite happy with sending...??
                  It's definitely an android version thing - my Samsung Galaxy running Froyo works fine. My Cruz Reader running Eclair speaks the file name instead of playing the wav sound.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The Joggler running Froyer with the .15 Droid HSTouch also spoke for me. I just didn't have Flash on this version.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

hstouch wav file spoken

ANyone got this issue fixed on your android hstouch clients ? The file name is spoken instead of the actual sounds. Pretty much all out events have sound files to notify a speak action. Very annoying.

Comment

Bump
                        Don

Comment

Client actions work though...

The work around is basically assigning an invisible button the action to on release or press (can't remember which one....one works the other doesn't)

Then send the client action via script or event or whatever to press the button. This is how I make it chime whenever my front gate and garage door gets opened

Lame workaround but it does work

Comment

So many events to update, this would actually affect some of my actions... I wish they fixed the bug by now, it's been reported for a couple revisions.

Comment

Here is what I found after may hours of testing. I set up an event with an action to play a wav file. If the wave file is located in another folder or on another machine, after "uploading" the file, it would not play when I clicked the test button. I had to go back in and browse to the "wave" folder on the HS machine and upload the file that HS placed in the "wave" folder. Once I did that, the file plays.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X