Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get XML file from Android device?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get XML file from Android device?

How can I get the XML file from the Android device?

For some strange reason, the XML file in the designer has been corrupted and I am missing screens I created the other day. It seems to have happened when I did a save-as to save the file elsewhere.

I have not updated the device so I would like to recover the file from there. I am assuming it is the same?

If you have astro file manager, you can probably find it. I think later hstouchv versions allowed you to install on the SD card.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk 4
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I've tried that and can't find anything.

Looking in the app manager it is installed to SD.

This is not a standard tablet or phone but a development board which is supposed to be rooted but some reason I can't find anything on the SD card for HSTouch.

Comment

I got it back. I had to hook up a terminal via the serial port and then I could issue Linux commands to find and copy the file.

Comment

If there an easier way to do this? I don't know linux at all to be able to do this.
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I rooted my original Android HS in wall device. That allowed me to install an explorer directory type application which I could copy the xml files to the SD card. There are a bunch of different android directory programs out there.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, that is the issue, I can't find where they put it.

Where is that file located?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

It was layered in there and I had to have root access to get to it. I think I may have posted pictures of the HS Touch directory....looking...

Found it.

The Homeseer files are in /data/data/com.homeseer.hstouch/files

Posted picture here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=140
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you, Sir!

Comment

Yup aside from just the updating of the HSTouch stuff; I did play a bit with the OS.

That said I made sure that I could SSH to the root of the device in vivo and set up VNC such that I could see my screens remotely such that I could post pictures of the screen designs.

You really don't need to do this if you are just designing Android HSTouch screens and uploading them to your Android device.

The Android OS is embedded and not meant to be played with in vivo. (it never breaks though).

The SSH / VNC to root just provides a bit more flexibility for you while playing.

If you want to use Wintel devices to manage your Android stuff: SSH, WinSCP and VNC are your friends to talk to the Android OS remotely (never physically touching the device).
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X