Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get XML file from Android device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    Yup aside from just the updating of the HSTouch stuff; I did play a bit with the OS.

That said I made sure that I could SSH to the root of the device in vivo and set up VNC such that I could see my screens remotely such that I could post pictures of the screen designs.

You really don't need to do this if you are just designing Android HSTouch screens and uploading them to your Android device.

The Android OS is embedded and not meant to be played with in vivo. (it never breaks though).

The SSH / VNC to root just provides a bit more flexibility for you while playing.

If you want to use Wintel devices to manage your Android stuff: SSH, WinSCP and VNC are your friends to talk to the Android OS remotely (never physically touching the device).

Leave a comment:

• Dafunktyfunk
    replied
    Thank you, Sir!

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    It was layered in there and I had to have root access to get to it. I think I may have posted pictures of the HS Touch directory....looking...

Found it.

The Homeseer files are in /data/data/com.homeseer.hstouch/files

Posted picture here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=140

Leave a comment:

• Dafunktyfunk
    replied
    Pete, that is the issue, I can't find where they put it.

Where is that file located?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I rooted my original Android HS in wall device. That allowed me to install an explorer directory type application which I could copy the xml files to the SD card. There are a bunch of different android directory programs out there.

Leave a comment:

• Dafunktyfunk
    replied
    If there an easier way to do this? I don't know linux at all to be able to do this.

Leave a comment:

• v8dave
    replied
    I got it back. I had to hook up a terminal via the serial port and then I could issue Linux commands to find and copy the file.

Leave a comment:

• v8dave
    replied
    I've tried that and can't find anything.

Looking in the app manager it is installed to SD.

This is not a standard tablet or phone but a development board which is supposed to be rooted but some reason I can't find anything on the SD card for HSTouch.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    If you have astro file manager, you can probably find it. I think later hstouchv versions allowed you to install on the SD card.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• v8dave
    started a topic How to get XML file from Android device?

How to get XML file from Android device?

How can I get the XML file from the Android device?

For some strange reason, the XML file in the designer has been corrupted and I am missing screens I created the other day. It seems to have happened when I did a save-as to save the file elsewhere.

I have not updated the device so I would like to recover the file from there. I am assuming it is the same?
Working...
X