X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No connection to server

Hi there,

normally i can connect to HS2PRO with my android phone using dyndns. For the past month i cannot connect to my HS anymore. When i want to connect and look at the homeseer log i see nothing happening. Normally i see that a connection to android phone is astablished.
    Now my phone only says 'not connected' and then

'Connected, but unable to communicate, check Homeseer log, possible no free connections'

What can be the problem. Ireally do not have a clue....can someone point me in the right direction where i can look?

thanks

dyndns recently changed their support model. If you don't pay for the $25 a year basic service, you have to log into your dyndns account at least once a month.

I ran into this trying to remote in to my server. The simple test to see if this is it is to ping your dyndns domain entry and see what happens
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by nawikre View Post
      Hi there,

normally i can connect to HS2PRO with my android phone using dyndns. For the past month i cannot connect to my HS anymore. When i want to connect and look at the homeseer log i see nothing happening. Normally i see that a connection to android phone is astablished.
      Now my phone only says 'not connected' and then

'Connected, but unable to communicate, check Homeseer log, possible no free connections'

What can be the problem. Ireally do not have a clue....can someone point me in the right direction where i can look?

thanks
      Did you find a solution to your problem nawikre? I'm now having the same issue. Everything was working fine, now I can't connect and get the same error message as you. I have the paid service from dyndns and I tried pinging it as pbibm suggested and got responses back no problem.

So I'm not sure what changed, but none of my Android clients can connect now.

Comment

Has your ipaddress changed which would cause your Windows Firewall to block incoming connections?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I turned off all of the windows firewalls as part of my troubleshooting and it still wouldn't connect. I think at one point when things still worked I had found a setting where the Homeseer port was something other than 10200 and I changed it to 10200... This may have been the start of my issues but am not sure. I've gone back and checked the server settings in the android clients and they all say 10200 though.

All of my port forwarding (have Uverse gateway) is setup around 10200, and I'm able to login using a web browser from outside my network (connecting to 10200) so I think that's telling me that there's no firewall that's blocking communication. Are there any less than obvious places that you need to set the port to 10200 in the android clients that I may be missing?

Comment

Ok, so I just restarted Homeseer and payed attention to the log and there's an HS Touch server error, it says "Exception in client listener: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted".

Does anyone know what this means? Maybe the web login port has to be different from the HS Touch port? I'll try changing the HS Touch port to be different than the Web login port and see if that fixes it.

#####EDIT####
            OK, I changed the HS Web Server port to something other than 10200 and that fixed my problem (after a Homeseer shutdown and restart). So I think I had gone in there and noticed the Web Server port was something other than 10200 and changed it to be the same thinking that it needed to be that way to work (in my infinite wisdom). This caused a conflict between the Web server and HS Touch and apparently HS Touch is second to load, so it had the error.

I did have to go into the U-verse gateway and setup port forwarding for the new port I used for the Web server. Now I can login to both the Web server and HS Touch externally (outside my network) using my dyndns.org hostname. Maybe Nawikre has a similar problem?
            Last edited by gduren; December 26, 2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Yes, HomeSeer as delivered runs on port 80 and shouldn't be changed unless you need to. Same with HSTouch server, it runs on a different port and shouldn't be changed. Both have to be port forwarded and you can never use the same port for both.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X