Stay connected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay connected?

What happened to option to "stay connected"? I'm getting a lot of disconnects and have to shut app completely down and reopen to reconnect. I'm on a Nexus 10. Previous versions on hspro worked wonderfully.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Did you try going into Androids Dev options and selecting Stay Awake?

My Nexus 7 is always dropping out causing LAN plugins to email me. But I have not bothered to force the device to stay on as I prefer better batt life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

The reason there is no option anymore is that the app stays connected by default and is no longer something you have to tell it to do.
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Re: Stay connected?

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
        The reason there is no option anymore is that the app stays connected by default and is no longer something you have to tell it to do.
        Well its not working very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          It's not working at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bearben25 View Post
            Well its not working very well.

Originally posted by jowens14 View Post
            It's not working at all.

Yes, I know. What happens is that the app does not keep wifi alive so, when your phone/tablet goes to either deep sleep or sleep, depends on the OS/Tablet settings, the app looses wifi and just hangs at the blue HomeSeer splash screen.

A work around it to tell your phone/tablet to NEVER sleep or disable the screen or, to use a wifi locker app.

On mine, I have also installed a Clock app that bounces a little clock around the screen that prevents the screen and device from sleeping at all. Seems to keep things up a bit. The key is to keep HSTouch connected to HS at all times. A break in the connection of more than just a couple of seconds will drop the app. Make sure your HS computer is also not dropping network connections due to inactivity as well.
            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

My son talked me into getting a Motorola Moto-X phone, have been using jailbroken IPhones for years, and I think I found a winner. With my tablets I use different methods for keeping them connected and awake but this new phone is staying connected in HSTouch even over night sitting on my nightstand not even charging. It is bone stock and this thing never disconnects until I force it to, it announces messages while it is locked and so far I can not find a fault with it. If your android devices are rooted (all mt tablets are rooted) then look at Fullscreen+ and Screen Dimmer. With these two apps my tablets are working like they were made for real life usage, wife likes now!

John

Comment

Some devices when they sleep or turn off the display also turn the wifi off to save on battery. You might want to try an app called "Keep Wifi On" just to see if that helps.

My Galaxy Tab 8 has the option to always keep the wifi on and works real well.
                -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                X