HSTouch host name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch host name

I've just updated my client, server and designer to the latest and greatest HS2 verisons. In the previous versions of client and server, when any client - Windows or Android connected, I would see the hostname in the HSlog so I knew who/what connected. Under the latested release, I only see an IP address. Additionally, I used to see one connection and now I see two?
    Is this be design? Is there a setting besides the obvious to set the hostname?

06/04/2014 8:56:53 AM HSTouch Server IP address connecting: 192.168.1.199 port:54796
    06/04/2014 8:56:53 AM HSTouch Server IP address connecting: 192.168.1.199 port:54796

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Thanks for the heads up as this could break one of my other plugins that uses the host name to log when specific devices have connected. I'm running 1.0.0.69 server plugin and didn't know there was a newer version but for the minute I will keep away...

Comment

I've also seen another issue; but I cannot tell specifically what is causing it; but it only happens when HSTouch is running on multiple clients. (over 10).

Its a weird disconnect / connect thing; almost looping and causing a network "storm" and actually takes down the segment of the network still plugged into a non managed Gb switch.

My only fix to date has been to shut off HSTouch and reboot the clients. I can't figure out the source though because it disconnects me from the network. HS logs do show the connecting and disconnecting but then all of the HSTouch clients drop off.

Other than that it'll run fine for weeks sometimes. I have to date never been able to keep so many clients up 24/7.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Well in addition to my upgrade issue, my Android tablet is very slow when I change screens if at all possible. Seems to be ok when I first bring it up, but after a minute of sitting on the weather screen, if I select another room or other tab, it is unresponsive and my options are "Force close, or Wait"
        This really sucks as it was more than snappy running the older version. So I don't know if it's the client, server or what. Has anyone ever down graded the HStouch server? What's the most satisfactory version of server 1.0.0.69? Client? If so, where can I get previous releases?

Gotta love upgrades... or is that downgrades?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Thanks for the heads up as this could break one of my other plugins that uses the host name to log when specific devices have connected. I'm running 1.0.0.69 server plugin and didn't know there was a newer version but for the minute I will keep away...
          What version of Android client and designer are you using? Have you been relatively happy with it? If so, is there any chance I can get a copy?

I also don't get why there are multiple connections per client (windows, android)...

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            What version of Android client and designer are you using? Have you been relatively happy with it? If so, is there any chance I can get a copy?

I also don't get why there are multiple connections per client (windows, android)...

Rob
            I'm running Android client .54, Server .69 and designer version .73. In terms of bugs then they all have bugs but the various versions seem to behave themselves together. I wouldn't say that it was running at great speed, probably takes 5-10 seconds to load up the android client. I get just the single connection entry in the log at the minute...

Comment

Working...
            X