This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HStouch server and iPhone

So I have HS 2.3.0.19 installed along with HStouch server 1.0.0.10 and HStouch iPhone 1.0.0.0. On the interfaces screen I click on "config" for both and I see the system calls for the CONFIGIO for HStouch server but nothing happens.

I can connect from a pc while on my lan and over the internet. I have the same ip and port settings in my iPhone along with the username and password. The only thing I can not find is where to find the server name in HS as it is requested in the iPhone app. I assume it is in the HStouch server config but I can not get that to open.

I am finding there is a lack of directions for installing and configuring these HS plug-ins. For the cost of HS I would expect some half decent written instructions on installing, setting up and using these HS provided plug-ins.

Agree

I'd have to agree on the above sentiments. I click on 'config' and get no where. The iphone app does nothing for me and I had such high hopes.
    Blindly following posts to get this far with no instructions to be found. I considered purchasing but when I was shown one price, clicked on purchase and the website showed another price (and part) I chose to trial it. Hunted down the pluggins and am on a trial (which is probably why I can't config) - tell me the defaults and I'll set up my HS to them just to try the app. It's frustrating when the app just tries to connect first and you don't get a chance to configure.

Least I have the web browser...
    Last edited by ; December 12, 2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

On the iphone the configurastions are under the Iphone settings Icon then scroll down to HStouch.
      In my case I just use the ip address of the HS machine for local, IE: 192.168.1.228
      and for remote I use the address the ISP gives me.

Hope that helps a little.

I would start with the local and get that going first.

All my ports and passwords are defaults if that helps.

Comment

You are a god among men... so simple but WTF.

Now at least I can play around a bit!

Thank you!

Comment

Been there, done that.

Just glad to help.

Some things just don't make since at first and I was very fortunate to be part of the beta program and picked up a number of things there.

I am doing simple things with my Iphone but it has become critical to my wifes and my use of the HS features from contolling the TV to handling the doors and lights and AC upstairs.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Comment

I still can not get the iPhone app to connect. I have tried everything I know.

Comment

Local vs. Remote

I read somewhere that the Local on this version wasn't exactly perfect and to use the Remote. I am using the remote and was able to connect up in my house using the above info just fine. Hope that helps.

Comment

HSTouch for iPhone - Setup with Pictures

Not sure if this will help anyone in this thread, but I was frustrated this week after installing HS with HSTouch, then the HSTouch app for the iPhone. I could not get the app on the iPhone to work.

Well, perhaps it should have been self-evident, yet it was not for me, but today, while doing something else on the iPhone, I found that in the SETTINGS app, at the bottom, where settings for specific apps are, lo-and-behold, there was an HSTouch app. Doh!

Opened the app, popped a few items in and viola - it works. It works on local very well. I turned off WiFi and tried it via remote. This worked also. The first time, it took a long time to build the screens. Thereafter, it was faster.

I have attached an image collage of screen captures from the iPhone.

Things to do first:

1. Manage your router by doing a Port Forward for calls to 10200. Route those to the IP address for your Homeseer computer/controller.

2. You may have already done this and while it may not be needed for the iPhone app, it is needed for remote/web access to HS - Port Forward calls to your HS webserver port (i.e. 80, 8888 etc.), to the IP address for your Homeseer computer/controller.

Jim
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jbeletti; December 22, 2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

One more reply post to add 7th image. Attached is the router Port Forward example.

Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I have tried everything recommended here. I use port 8090 for my HS machine. Mainly because I use 8088 and 8089 for other things and it keeps the various port easy to remember. I have tried reverting back to port 10200 to no avail.

Jim,
                    I see you are forwarding port 8888. Why? Is there something I have missed about port 8888 and HS? Port 80 is blocked by my isp so forwarding that would do me no good, except for local. Anyway, are there some other ports that require forwarding?

I am now getting an error in the log when HS starts up. Check the attached screen shot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Brian,

I am running the Homeseer Server on port 8888. I am running the HSTouch Server on its default port of 10200. I am not using port 80 for Homeseer as I have other things in the house running on other ports. Port 80 is running on one such item and I am unable to change the port on it.

So, ports 8888 and 10200 are both forwarded to the local IP of the computer Homeseer is located on - in my case 192.168.1.58

Check your email for a test I'd like you to try.

Jim

Comment

A big Thanks goes out to Jim!!! With his help I can now connect via the HSTouch iPhone App.

What my confusion was is the web server port that is set inside the web server page in Homeseer is not the port used for the iPhone app. I was setting the iPhone to use the webserver port that I set in Homeseer. These 2 ports can not be the same either. The iPhone app must use port 10200 and it must be forwarded in your router to the ip address of the Homeseer machine, 192.168.1.71 in my case. So you should have port 10200 forwarded for the iPhone app. If you are going to use any other form of remote connection, on your LAN or from the internet, then you will need to forward an additional port, 8090 in my case. This port is used for remote connections from my laptop and work computers.

So to summarize:
                        I have 2 ports forwarded in my router.
                        10200 for the iPhone app
                        8090 for the HS webserver

The iPhone app must use port 10200, make sure it is set in the iPhone settings for HSTouch
                        The web server port is set in the web server tab of the HS setup screen.

Hopefully this will help some others.

Comment

HStouch for iPhone - default weather - how to change from NH?

It was great talking with you by phone tonight Brian - glad we got it figured out.

Who can help with this one?

The default weather location for HSTouch for the iPhone is Bedford, NH - home of Homeseer I assume.

How do I go about changing that to my own location?

Do I change this using HSTouch Designer? And if so, how do I access this sample.xml file for the iPhone? What directory is it in?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

The answer is on this forum. Basically you look for the default iphone screens in HSTouch designer, find the actual .xml file (iphone.xml?) and edit it in your favorite text file editor (notepad/notepad++/etc.). Replace the zip code to your zip code globally, save the xml file, deploy the project to your phone, restart the iphone HSTouch app, and it should be your weather.
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

huggy,

I searched both drives on the HomeTroller for a file called sample.xml as this is the file name listed in the iPhone HSTouch app settings. Nothing.

I re-downloaded and reinstalled HSTouch Designer. And a committed changes

Looked all over both C & D drives for the HSTouch Server folder to see if I could find what xml file it is serving out to the iPhone app. Can't find anything.

Stuck for now.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X