This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone App Suggestion

After having a good play with the iPhone app, I'd like to suggest an addition to the 'Settings' configuration - The ability for the iPhone/iPod Touch not to Auto Lock.
    I.e. The iPhone itself has an auto lock feature, configurable from 1 to 5 minutes, however unfortunately can't be disabled natively.

Having an option for this feature to be disabled during the HS Touch application being open, would really open up it's usability, such as using an iPod Touch as a portable management console, but not have to wait for it to connect every time we wish to use it.

I know this feature is available, as an application that I used to view my cameras called "IP Vision" has this functionality.

Thanks very much,
    Gwumm

I'm trying to understand what you're asking. I've set my ipod touch to not lock and it stays on 24/7...

Are you suggesting to leave that mode on, but have hstouch override it?

If I were to detach the ipod from the power supply, I would like it's screen to shut off after a little while, but upon me picking it up have it turn back on and "quickly" reconnect to allow me to use hstouch.

is this what you're going for?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
      I'm trying to understand what you're asking. I've set my ipod touch to not lock and it stays on 24/7...
      Oh rly? The iPod Touch has that option? - Cool.
      My iPhone doesn't (i don't think)... Well at least under:
      Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> *Options: 1 to 5 Mins* (no off)

...correct me if I'm wrong. :P

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
      If I were to detach the ipod from the power supply, I would like it's screen to shut off after a little while, but upon me picking it up have it turn back on and "quickly" reconnect to allow me to use hstouch.
      is this what you're going for?
      That would also be nice - I haven't played with the iPod Touch yet, but the default Dim feature (but on), would be more then sufficient in my opinion. The iPod Touch's battery life is fantastic.

Time to go play with an iPod touch then :P

- Gwumm

Comment

Originally posted by Gwumm View Post
        Oh rly? The iPod Touch has that option? - Cool.
        My iPhone doesn't (i don't think)... Well at least under:
        Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> *Options: 1 to 5 Mins* (no off)

...correct me if I'm wrong. :P

That would also be nice - I haven't played with the iPod Touch yet, but the default Dim feature (but on), would be more then sufficient in my opinion. The iPod Touch's battery life is fantastic.

Time to go play with an iPod touch then :P

- Gwumm
        First google search retrieved this:
        However, I figure this out: You have to disable mail and contact and calendar sync for all accounts, then the auto-lock menu and the option for never reappears. You can select it and go back an enable all the accounts. but dont go back and look at the autolock settings, or it pops back to 5 min. But if you dont look at it, it stays disabled. Pretty convoluted.
        Hopefully apple can patch this...
        iPhone 3G iPhone OS 3.0
        Maybe this will work for you?
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
          Maybe this will work for you?
          Ha! Very impressive =) Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X