This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fonts on iPad

I'm working on my first iPad HST project and ran into a disappointing issue I probably should have foreseen; the font I chose in the designer app isn't installed on the iPad (and there doesn't seem to be any way to install it), does anyone have a definitive list of the Win32 fonts that we can use in the designer app to have things draw properly on the iPad?

I also had some strange behaviors with the deployed app on the iPad; it was working fine in the emulator (switching screens, etc) but on the actual device, no love. Also the clock widget I used works fine in the emulator, but doesn't update on the device (just displays a static string of the time when the app was started).

Any advice / guidance on any of these issues greatly appreciated!

I know for the iPhone I think what happens is that HSTouch when it is deployed it tries to match what the font looks like with the ones installed on the iPhone (so would imagine the iPad to be similar) - try this list http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/iphone_fonts, there is a post from HST somewhere about it as it does not support underline text and some other formatting.

Sorry I don't know about the other things you are having problems with.

Comment

Actually this will make it clearer for you http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....2&postcount=38

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Actually this will make it clearer for you http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....2&postcount=38

Thanks! It seems the font support on the iPad is incredibly limited - would be great if there were a way for the designer to bundle included fonts and send them down to the client... I _think_ the Apple SDK provides support for this, but don't know how much pain is involved...

Comment

More font woes...

I just tried installing some fonts from my Mac to the HSTouch box, so I could use them in my screens... They work fine for most purposes but when I try to use them in the Designer I get a pop-up that says that only TrueType fonts are supported, and that this is not a TrueType font...

This is clearly not the case, as all the Mac system fonts are TT....

Argh. Between the lack of font support on the device and the lack of an ability to use the supported fonts in the Designer app, this is getting frustrating...

Comment

Wowed by the glamor, slapped by the doesn't. Might want to think about that during the 30 day return period.

Comment

It took me a while, but I eventually managed to get extra fonts on my iPad. Note it needs to be jailbroken for it to be possible. If you'd like instructions, let me know.

Cheers
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Hi.

Is there anything new about the fonts for Ipad? Without jailbreak.

Where can I find a list which shows which font that work as "wysiwyg"?

It was mentioned on the link in the earlier post.

There are many websites that list the supported fonts.
                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X