This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone / ixxx devices and Passwords

I use my iPhone to access my HS system remotely, through the normal web GUI. (I have HSTouch installed and set up for specific functions but not everything.)

the one thing which bugs me is the need to give user name and password to Safari every time I return to browsing my HS site. the iPhone Safari seems to have no means of retaining user name and password (or i am missing something).

anyone else use the GUI interface, and have a way to store the username and password in the iPhone?

simon

I access the HS web pages from my Android EVO 4G using the default browser, and I entered my userid/password the first time, told it to remember it, and I've never entered them again.

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Android is much better than the iPhone in that regard.

as far as I can see, it is not possible to remember usernames and passwords on the iPhone.

the only solution I have so far thought of is to address the HS system as http://usernameassword@myhomeseerpublicaddress.com but i hate leaving the password in anything visible and unencrypted!

Comment

Haven't tried this myself, but maybe something like this
        http://agilewebsolutions.com/onepassword/iphone

I don't actually have an iphone yet, and don't use the browser on my ipod touch. I would think I'd like this feature when I get an iphone though.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by simonog View Post
          Android is much better than the iPhone in that regard.

as far as I can see, it is not possible to remember usernames and passwords on the iPhone.

the only solution I have so far thought of is to address the HS system as http://usernameassword@myhomeseerpublicaddress.com but i hate leaving the password in anything visible and unencrypted!
          Didn't think you could embed usernameassword within the URL anymore, at least for MS browsers.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

iPhone allows the embedding at the moment. that might change of course if security takes a higher profile.

Comment

I don't worry about it.... Passwords are a way of life!!!
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                Passwords are a way of life!!!
                An annoying and ultimately not very secure way of life for most people.

Seriously though, I'm really tired of multiple authentications every day in 30 different places.
                Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
                X