This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    From the HS Touch help file located under the start menu.
    Thanks Rupp, I found the docs, there on the comp I run HST Designer on. Have changed the port successfully and will test it tomorrow when I have decent reception on my iPhone.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
      If your router supports PAT (Port Address Translation) you wont need to change the port of hstouch server.
      Just do it on your router.
      Brian, my USR Router does not support PAT, probably too old.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
        Thanks Rupp, I found the docs, there on the comp I run HST Designer on. Have changed the port successfully and will test it tomorrow when I have decent reception on my iPhone.
        Changed the port as I said, but still will not work over 3G!
        sigpic

Comment

What model USR router do you have?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            What model USR router do you have?
            It's a Sureconnect ADSL 4 Port.

I also have a Linksys AG241 which is not in use at this point.
            sigpic

Comment

You can set up rules with the IP Filtering-Outbound Filters page.

That said I have Verizon FIOS service in Florida and I am bridging the router and going to my own.

Here is the configuration page. Just add an entry calling it HSTouch and put in the rules for your HSTouch client ports. That said typically there are no rules in place by default and the firewall is typically turned on by default.

BTW you can't really cause much issues by enabling one port. That said you want to just be vigilant relating to what you open on your firewall.
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

O2 in the UK does seem to block the default hstouch port. On my adsl router I nat the homeseer box out to a lower common port that isn't blocked and the select that port when configuring hstouch on the device.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
                  O2 in the UK does seem to block the default hstouch port. On my adsl router I nat the homeseer box out to a lower common port that isn't blocked and the select that port when configuring hstouch on the device.
                  I have tried several different ports but none get through.

What port are you using with O2?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X