This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$Element replacement variable not displaying on iPhone

I am attempting to use a text box to display the value of another element in HSTouch using a replacement variable.

I am using the variable [$ELEMENT=screen_name->name] in the text properties. It shows the correct element value in both the Designer and the Windows based Client.

But when the project is deployed to an iPhone the text box does not reflect the other object's value. Instead it shows "$ELEMENT".

Is there a bug in the current iPhone app or do I need to change the syntax to something specific to the iPhone?

Please help!

I realize this post is nearly two years old now, but I've just run into this same issue. [$ELEMENT=screen_name->name] replacement works fine when testing w/ the Windows client, but just displays the string "$ELEMENT" on iOS.

Did you ever find out how to get this working?

Comment

Was there any resolution to this problem?

This still seems to be a problem and would be a very nice feature if it works.

I have created a text element with the following: [$SCRIPT=&hs.runex("WeatherFromCSV.vb","Main","0/YMDHr/[$ELEMENT=Hourly Detail->offset]")]

The element "offset" is a slider initially set to 0 and incremented by a button. I have put a writelog in the vb to display the parm.

When I run the page on the windows client the parm correctly = "0/YMDHr/0". When I run the page on my iphone the parm = "0/YMDHr/$ELEMENT".

I've also tried this with RunScriptEx.

Comment

Working...
      X