This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange video problem

I am using Blue Iris with my 720p Dalua ip Camera, everything works great when I put the video into my HSTOUCH project for my ipad, however I am using a small image box for the video, once I try to use a big image box it slows the video down to less than a frame a second. In the smaller box it is fine.

Why would making the video larger in the HSTOUCH project slow down the FPS? My Blue Iris CPU is not pegged, but the video slows to a stop almost.

How do you have the image box setup to stream in your project and what is the larger image box size? I also use BlueIris and can help you with this.
    John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
      How do you have the image box setup to stream in your project and what is the larger image box size? I also use BlueIris and can help you with this.
      John
      The video box is around 780x530 in a project that runs 1024x768 on an iPad 2. The smaller box is 200x200.

I placed the image box and in the ImageURLNormal field I placed my URL that I pull from the BlueIris webpage http://Lanip/image/Cam1?time=1376
      I also have the isvideo field "Yes" and Refersh rate "0".

This method works great for all my other cameras which are FOSCAM 640x480 Mpeg regardless of box size. Only when I use the Dahua H264 720 Camera does the large box size crush the FPS and create a huge delay.

Comment

Ok you have it setup like most do, but it suffers poorly this way. Go to your Homeseer server and watch your CPU load normaly and then take your iPad and open HSTouch while watching your CPU load, now start streaming to the iPad in HSTouch, your CPU should go through the roof. I have found that when streaming this way all the pics go first to the Homeseer server and then it scales them and resends them on to your iPad, not really video and the lag is awful. Can you open your blueiris web server from your iPad (http://lanip/iphone.htm) in Safari? Try that and let me know. Also open the stats tab on your BlueIris server ans then connections and it will show exactly what is being sent out to your Homeseer server. Let me know what you find and I will make another post outlining how to stream directly to HSTouch with video from BlueIris.
        John

Comment

Ok you have it setup like most do, but it suffers poorly this way. Go to your Homeseer server and watch your CPU load normaly and then take your iPad and open HSTouch while watching your CPU load, now start streaming to the iPad in HSTouch, your CPU should go through the roof. I have found that when streaming this way all the pics go first to the Homeseer server and then it scales them and resends them on to your iPad, not really video and the lag is awful. Can you open your blueiris web server from your iPad (http://lanip/iphone.htm) in Safari? Try that and let me know. Also open the stats tab on your BlueIris server ans then connections and it will show exactly what is being sent out to your Homeseer server. Let me know what you find and I will make another post outlining how to stream directly to HSTouch with video from BlueIris.
          John
          Ok, so my homeseer server does not seem to be impacted at all by the streaming. My cpu stays around 15% load, this is on a ATOM dual core processor. I also checked my BlueIris server which is a different computer, it also stays around 15% load. That computer is a quad core.

Blue Iris shows the Homeseer computer connected while streaming.

I can acess the blueiris web server from the ipad with no problems. The video is smooth with no issues.

Comment

I just picked up a Dahua (IPC-HDB3200C) camera last week and ran into the exact same issue. On the main screen of HSTouch I have a small picture (160x100) updated every 7 seconds and it works perfectly. I have another screen that has a larger image (960x540) that I set to update every second. Anytime I access this screen, the HSTouch client (iPad 3rd Gen) freezes and has to be restarted. If I resized the image to something smaller than about 480x300 then it would work fine. Anything larger and the refresh rates started dropping quickly.

I also confirmed that the server CPU usage is not spiking during the request and is staying stable at around 20%. One difference is that I am not running Blue Iris. I am grabbing the images directly from the camera using the snapshot function.

I can view the images using the safari browser just fine as well. I tried setting up an html page to serve the images and to refresh every second, but it caused some really undesirable effecs during the refresh.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
              I just picked up a Dahua (IPC-HDB3200C) camera last week and ran into the exact same issue. On the main screen of HSTouch I have a small picture (160x100) updated every 7 seconds and it works perfectly. I have another screen that has a larger image (960x540) that I set to update every second. Anytime I access this screen, the HSTouch client (iPad 3rd Gen) freezes and has to be restarted. If I resized the image to something smaller than about 480x300 then it would work fine. Anything larger and the refresh rates started dropping quickly.

I also confirmed that the server CPU usage is not spiking during the request and is staying stable at around 20%. One difference is that I am not running Blue Iris. I am grabbing the images directly from the camera using the snapshot function.

I can view the images using the safari browser just fine as well. I tried setting up an html page to serve the images and to refresh every second, but it caused some really undesirable effecs during the refresh.

Adam
              That is the exact camera I have, I also tried pulling the JPEG image direct from the camera using the following:
              http://LANIP/onvif/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0
              This is also really slow and I have the same type of delay, I found using Blueiris for the small window will at least give me 5fps or so.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, been busy. I put 2 files in a zip, one is a blank web page and the other is a (cam1) web page to only show camera 1 and resizes to fit your display area, it can be edited for cam2, cam3, in notepad by changing the short camera name in the file itself and then rename accordingly. The blank file is optional, I'll explain below. Both these files go on your BlueIris server under program files in your BlueIris www folder. You should be able to call those pages directly in a browser just like the default web pages from your BlueIris web server (ht tp:// lan-ip: port#/cam1.htm) and see only camera one's live feed, I serve these to windows, apple, and android platforms with no problems.
                Copy these to your BlueIris server and make sure they work fine first.
                Another post working....
                John
                Attached Files

Comment

Now in your HSTouch project you need a text element (not text box) to display the camera feed. Most are using a picture set as (is video true), and this routes everthing thru your Homeseer server which is not neccesary and slow, I still have Homeseer access BlueIris for some images and alerts but for video my HSTouch clients go to the source. HSTouch can display html pages so I send it to pull video from my video server, the catch is to embed the video in a web page. HSTouch can't render video by itself but it leverages your device's built in browser (which can) to give it the power to handle video.
                  OK, the text element you create is adjusted to the size and location on it's page and needs to be set as (isHTML to True) at the very bottom of the elements property. In the text field of the element's property you can see I have the address of the blank webpage file, this can also be left blank, the purpose either way is so HSTouch does not connect (stream video) with your video server nonstop unless you request it. If you put the video stream address directly into the element it will NOT disconnect from BlueIris when the page is closed and it will just continue to stream in the background which I did not like. When the page is displayed or from a button on the page I set the elements URL to the address of whatever is to be shown.
                  next .....
                  John
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now to call the video, in this project (my iphone) I set the URL of my cameras with buttons that (set an elements URL), for each camera a button just sets the URL for the camera window (text element) which calls a new web page for that camera. Alternatively on my Ipad when I display the camera page the button or action thats calls that page it also sets the URL for the camera display to a certain camera with no other input. The point is not to set the URL of the element until you want to stream it, other buttons or actions or events can set the URL when needed also.
                    With this you can get great video streaming with no impact on your Homeseer server and with no real lag.
                    more coming ....
                    John
                    Attached Files

Comment

On my Iphone when I call the cameras page it comes up with a black (blank.htm) display and when FrontDoor is pressed the URL changes to that address and the cam1 page is rendered.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now for one more important step, as I stated earlier when HSTouch closes that page it will continue to stay connected and stream to your device which I don't like. On this setup I set the URL of the camera display element back to the blank webpage when the close button is pressed (it can be set to nothing also with an empty field) to stop streaming data from BlueIris. I also stop streaming with timed events in Homeseer so things like when then the front doorbell rings a camera page can pop up and be shown and then cut from streaming with no input after a set time.

John
                        Attached Files

Comment

So first off, you are amazing, please send me your paypal email so I can by you a beer!

I am having one small problem, how do you resize the image in the HTML? When I resize my text box in HSTOUCH past a big enough size I get a blank white image below the camera feed. I figureI just need to specify the size I want?

Comment

Thanx, I'm still figuring this out too. Are you displaying in HSTouch a video window larger than your actual camera settings that are in BlueIris? Only my cameras that are smaller show like that (don't fill area) but I have a fix with a camera file that you set the size, I'll post it.
                            It seems alot of users struggle with live video in HSTouch as I did for a while, BlueIris has been rock solid and easy to maintain for me.
                            John

Comment

Thanx, I'm still figuring this out too. Are you displaying in HSTouch a video window larger than your actual camera settings that are in BlueIris? Only my cameras that are smaller show like that (don't fill area) but I have a fix with a camera file that you set the size, I'll post it.
                              It seems alot of users struggle with live video in HSTouch as I did for a while, BlueIris has been rock solid and easy to maintain for me.
                              John
                              Even if I use a super small thumbnail I get the result shown, but if I match the right size, it fills the whole box. You can see that in the picture below that the video only fills up 3/4 of the text box, the bottom 1/3 is white.

Comment

Working...
                              X