This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local & Remote Deployment?

I'm fairly new to HSTouch as I'm finally getting around to using it...

I am first working on a Project for my iPhone 4S as our family of six always seems to be carrying their phone or having it on the nightstand at night. Then I'll move to my iPad and finally my Android Tablet...

Here is my observation and thus question and slight frustration. It seems that you must Deploy TWICE. Once while connected Locally on your Home Network and AGAIN while connected Remotely through your Cellular Provider.

This caught me by surprise as I was away from the house and wanted to use my new project and to my surprise, the old default pale white one popped up?

So this morning I connected Remotely through my cellular company, started HSTouch Designed, and deployed my project yet AGAIN....

So my question is WHY? Why mus we double deploy? I am assuming that this means we have TWICE the project files on our devices now? There's probably some "feature" reason why, but I would think most of us would want our same Project Locally and Remotely.

Am I missing a setting here that would allow me to deploy BOTH while connected Locally? Also, is there a reason why HSTouch requires two sets of Projects? Also seems, possibly to save battery, that when remote connected my phone will drop the connection to the server.

On the bright side, I am having fun getting all of this working....

Thanks
    Rich

You shouldn't need to deploy twice, I have never needed to...unless there has been some sort of change I have missed. In the settings menu what have you set for connection mode and do you have an internal or external IP in the various server configs?

Comment

Well now after first deployment remotely it now seems to be working as you expected. I fished developing my Alarm panels and deployed them while locally connected. Then I disconnected / closed the app, turned off the Wifi and reconnected through my cellular provider and the new panels / screens were there.

Funny that was not the case the very first time when I was replacing the complete project on the phone....

Comment

Just an update.

I have HS3 and latest HSTouch. I recently deleted HSTouch from my iPhone, reinstalled it, redeployed project while I'm home network. When I switched to my remote connection my project was not there so I had to redeploy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
          Just an update.

I have HS3 and latest HSTouch. I recently deleted HSTouch from my iPhone, reinstalled it, redeployed project while I'm home network. When I switched to my remote connection my project was not there so I had to redeploy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Are you changing the name of the deployed project? Since the configuration file name is stored separately under each server it is possible to show different projects on different connections.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X