X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow GetData for IOS and HS3

Hi guys,

It has been taking almost 25 seconds for HSTouch on my IOS devices to complete the GetData upon launching. To make it worse, every time you swap out of the application on iOS and go back to it you have to wait for a complete get data to occur. Is it safe to assume this is excessive?

The environment
    Hs3 latest version
    Hstouch 3.0
    Running on a beefy brand new Cisco UCS server and winxp
    Gigabit high quality network
    802.11n wireless
    Tried directly connecting via ip on local LAN to rule out remote access
    Mix of iPhone 5s and iPad air and iPad 2
    About 250 devices
    Mix of zwave, dsc and ever link, sonos, denon, etc

Any ideas??
    I can provide any info needed.

Any advice?
    Anyone else have a similar experience?

Comment

How many screens do you have? Do you have screens for both orientations? In order for HSTouch to load quickly you have to be aware of the number of graphics being loaded and the number of screens being loaded. You may want to test a paired down project to see if it helps.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp
        I have 10 screens now and only portrait mode. I do have a fair number of images.

One question I have would be on stretched images vs natively the right pixels. Many of the images are larger resolution and then I stretch down to a small size. Is this image resizing done on the fly or during deployment?

Comment

Originally posted by robilium View Post
          Hi guys,

It has been taking almost 25 seconds for HSTouch on my IOS devices to complete the GetData upon launching. To make it worse, every time you swap out of the application on iOS and go back to it you have to wait for a complete get data to occur. Is it safe to assume this is excessive?

The environment
          Hs3 latest version
          Hstouch 3.0
          Running on a beefy brand new Cisco UCS server and winxp
          Gigabit high quality network
          802.11n wireless
          Tried directly connecting via ip on local LAN to rule out remote access
          Mix of iPhone 5s and iPad air and iPad 2
          About 250 devices
          Mix of zwave, dsc and ever link, sonos, denon, etc

Any ideas??
          I can provide any info needed.
          It has been my interpretation that the folks switching over to HS3 and the newer version of the IOS client have been reporting issues with speed. Since you state that you're running on Wifi, this makes me as concerned as well as the HS2 versions of all of this do not seem to do this.

Do you see the same issue with a Windows client connecting to HS3?

I do not see issues like this connecting to my HS2 system with the 2.13 IOS client. I have over 3 times the devices that you have.

There is a debug mode that can be enabled in HSTouch Server.
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I did have a screen where I had a device selector and an events selector. I thought maybe loading these was the issue so I removed them and tested. No dice.

However on my iPad 2 I kept getting an updating message every second or so which went away when I removed the device selector.

Comment

Working...
            X