X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help connecting HST on iphone

Hi,
    I've had this working in the past, and I can't for the life of me see what has broken or changed...

even within the network I can't connect to my fixed IP computer (firewall off). Beyond that I can't connect through the router, port forwarding is ok, as before.

What I think I need now, is a way do find log file information about what is failing. Is there a way to get that on IOS?? (I've checked the Iphone settings, carefully).

I'm pretty much at a loss without more detailed debug info.
    Any suggestions?
    Doug

When you try and connect the HSTouch client you should have some attempt go into the HomeSeer log (double check the plugin is enabled). Check here and there may be some information, if no attempt is in the log then double check your IP/port numbers.

Comment

Plug in is enabled, logging is enabled. Nothing shows in the HS3 log.
      HS3 machine is fixed IP address on the local network. Port is set to 10200 on the client. User login/PW is correct.

In the past, I have been able to get both local and external access through correct port forwarding. Now nothing works... I'm wondering what has changed?

Plug-in 3.0.0.22
      HS3 3.0.0.68

any more thoughts for debug info?
      Doug

Comment

Did you try creating a new test project and see if you can connect? Maybe try removing the app and re-installing. Can you connect to the demo server?
        Last edited by Rupp; April 4, 2014, 10:02 AM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Check your port forwarding. Time-Warner just hosed me with a firmware upgrade that wiped all of my settings and reset to all defaults.
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I think I've got it figured out.

The PC running HS3 sometimes also has a VPN connection active. This means that it has two IP addresses, one referring to the ethernet adapter and one for the VPN.

It seems that sometimes, and I can't always reproduce it, HS3 uses the VPN IP address (it shows up in the web interface address bar).

Of course this fails, because port forwarding is pointing to the regular ethernet IP address, as does attempts to connect from HST directly by using the IP address.

So, in the network page of setup I have bound the server to the ethernet IP, and so far it seems to be working....

Doug

Comment

Working...
            X