This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch and Remote Access

I'm a relatively new user who just updated to the .96 release on the Zee. I noticed this app doesn't work with the new myhs.homeseer.com remote access feature.

I can use it on my local network, but when I get into a Z wave category like lighting, it only show Node 1, Node 2, Node 3, etc. I have to drill down further to get an actual name of the device or go through locations.

1. This should be streamlined like a Honeywell iOS app. As soon as you sign in you should see either your locations or device names.

2. A question: when will this work with remote access (myhs) when not on the wireless network?

3. There should be very detailed instructions on how to set this up for myhs that go field by field. Playing this guessing game gets very frustrating.

Thank you.

Does Anyone Use or Support HomeSeer Products?

I'd really like an answer as to when an iPhone app will be released that supports myhs outside of your own wireless network. The lack of activity and support makes it seem as though only a handful of people are interested in these products.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanz View Post
      I'd really like an answer as to when an iPhone app will be released that supports myhs outside of your own wireless network. The lack of activity and support makes it seem as though only a handful of people are interested in these products.
      I take it when you say "Your own Wi-Fi network" you mean using Wi-Fi connected to your LAN rather than Wi-Fi connected to someone else's WAN, or do you mean over 3/4G?
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I have a Zee, and to be honest, I disabled myhs soon after its release as it never worked reliably enough to be useful. I find it much easier, at least for me, to allow remote access through my own URL and router config so that HSTouch can connect to HS. It works fine. On my cell, I can connect externally or internally and works without fail.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

It's working on my iPhone. When I'm on my network, it automatically directs the connection to my local HS server. When I turn off wifi and on 3G, it connects via myhs. I have not tested this using a wifi connection that is not my own, for example @ Starbucks.

I also tested my iPad by setting up a hotspot connection over 3G using my iPhone and connecting my iPad to my hotspot, which I guess would be a remote wifi network. This also worked in my test scenario.

Comment

No remote access

I've trying for months to be able to access remotely using an iphone with ios 7. It would work on occasion and then shut me out until I went into the home control board - tools - setup - custom and resubmit the "homeseer web contol" box at the home page. Then it would work once, twice, maybe a time or two more then shut me out again. With this new 3.0 plus version I'm shut out altogether. "Control from anywhere" for me means as far as the couch. I'd like to hear from anyone else who might have remote access trouble.

Comment

Working...
            X