X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrnet connection required error ???

I am getting and error on my IPAD
    "Unable to connect, an internet connection is required."

I don't know why it requires an internet connection!!!!
    I don't use MyHomeSeer just local over WIFI. it worked this morning.
    Android app works fine. I restated the IPAD, restarted HS3, rebooted ---> no joy.

I am running HSTouchPad 2.25
    What is the HSTouch 3.0.0.14 app in the store????
    I tried it same error.

HELP.....

Intrnet connection required error ???

I responded on another thread about this. I'm seeing the same issue that just started happening this evening...

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing today as well. I find if I close the application, open up Safari and browse to a page first, then launch HSTouch it will connect. I get the same thing locally or through my DDNS. I'm not sure what changed, all I did was to install HS3 3.0.0.180 which has nothing to do with HSTouch or the clients. it does it with the old HSTouchpad and the new HS#Touch on the iPhone and iPad. Once connected it seems to stay connected until I leave the network.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Same for me after .180 upgrade.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Just did a bunch of testing here with a local connection on HS3 .180 and HSTouch Server plugin .67 and all seems fine. If anyone figures out why its not working, please post. Tested it with an iPad 2 on IOS 8.3.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Very odd, I just tried this morning without making any changes and it now works through WAN via my iPhone (8.3).

Comment

Mine didn't work last night on home Wifi. I tried early this morning (having changed nothing) and it worked. I just tried on cell network and it failed with the same error, then switched the phone in/out of Airplane Mode and tried again and it's working.

HS3Touch 3.0.0.14 | iOS 8.3 | iPhone 5S | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.67 | HS3 Pro 3.0.0.180
              cheeryfool

Comment

Does anyone know what is going on.
                Seems like alot of people had problems yesterday.
                It is working again for me this morning, no changes!!
                if I am not using MyHomeSeer.com why does it require an internet connection.

Comment

I experienced the same thing. For the IP address I used to use the network ID name. When I change my Ip address to the actual Ip address number and that seem to work for me.

Comment

Its not that it requires an Internet connection, it just requires a network connection, like cellular or wifi, the message is misleading, I will get that changed.

Originally posted by Seer1001 View Post
                    Does anyone know what is going on.
                    Seems like alot of people had problems yesterday.
                    It is working again for me this morning, no changes!!
                    if I am not using MyHomeSeer.com why does it require an internet connection.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi,

I get this messages:

"Unable to connect, an internet connection is required. Click OK to retry the connection, or exit and check the HSTouch settings."

I need to force close the application to reconnect, which functions fine afterwards. In my opinion this happens, when switching from 3G to Wifi and vice versa.

I use port forwarding so no Myhomeseer service. This i quite annoying and i have got this issue since the very beginning of the IOS client. Not sure if this also happens on android.

I posted a bug:

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2850

regards

Bart
                      Regards Bart
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                      HSPRO 3.
                      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
                      X