This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infocast 8" Chumby HSTouch Video

Here is a video of the Infocast 8" Chumby running HSTouch via RDP to a W2003 server (old HS box). Not super fast; but it is functional and for the sale price of around $50; good deal.

Next to it for speed comparision is HSTouch running on an XP Atom based PC.

1 - Infocast 8" Chumby is running Debian Lenny from an SD Card
    2 - Matchbox Linux on a 2Gb SD card
    3 - TSClient is autoloading on Matchbox Linux boot.
    4 - RDP via TSClient to W2003 Server to Homeseer Pro via HSTouch Server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3roc_irE0
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Wow - that is pretty impressive. I think this shows that you really dont need a huge-horsepowered machine to have acceptable HSTouch performance.

Heh - I heard an announcement in the background
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The little bitty Seagate Dockstar/Mimo runs about twice as fast as the Chumby.

First time I've uploaded a video to you tube. I used my digital camera; never even knew it did videos.

Playing around now with using art for backgrounds with the JOWI script.

Bugging my wife now with two other HSTouchscreens; one speaking portuguese and the other french.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQw07z3mp-o
      Last edited by Pete; May 25, 2011, 02:21 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete - question for you - on the RDP-connected clients. How do you handle power outages? Can the clients automagically connect back to the server or does it require some intervention?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have all of the servers / HSTouch screens booting back up after a power outage. The W2003 server is on a UPS (it'll run about 15-20 minutes on batteries); nothing on the HSTouchscreens for backup power. The HAI Touchscreens though are on backup power and functional if there is an outage.

The Chumby uses a short boot up to TSClient RDP script on the Linux RDP connected clients. The TSClient is auto running HSTouch when it gets connected. For the Chumby; easiest way is to put the "debugchumby" script on the SD drive. When the device gets powered it looks for the script and runs it.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X