Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lock to background, not working properly?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock to background, not working properly?

I was setting up the weather page for my WinCE mobile phone.

I copied and pasted the weather screen from the IPOD - AWESOME layout BTW!

I deployed and noticed that the back ground around the text was the REAL back ground, not the "indented" coloring that surrounds the weekly weather.

Opened up the IPOD project, saw that the IMAGE for the INDENT was locked to the back ground. So, I opened my WinCE project and did the same.

As soon as I do that, then deploy, 1/2 my screen becomes INVISIBLE.

If you need screen captures let me know. I'll try to get them from my phone and post them.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Using the latest .62 client.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

First one is with the "indented" image not locked...everything shows, but the pieces that construct the page are using the "background" as the background, not the image behind it.

The second one has the indent image LOCKED. When things DO show, they show properly...but everything AFTER the second last text box seems to become invisible and the "MAIN" screen bleeds through...

Any ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

So...nothing? Not even an Auto-Rupp reply??

--Dan

Comment

On the button press that gets you to that screen, are you choosing "Show another screen by itself" or "Show another screen on top of the current screen"
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

"Show another screen by itself"

Good point. Not sure why MAIN still shows up underneath it.

I'll try Show another screen on TOP.

--Dan

Comment

changed to show on TOP
              changed my "back" button to CLOSE the weather page (so Main should show again)
              deployed and tested - OK
              re-locked to back ground.
              deployed, having it include ALL graphics (in case it precombined the background with the image that is LOCKED to the back ground)
              tested, still borked up.

grr...it's strange, it's always in the same place. I wonder if there is something different about that last part of the text box...it breaks RIGHT at the last division line.

--Dan

Comment

If that doesnt pan out, try 2 events - one to close the current screen, the second to show another screen by itself.

It really looks like there is some artifact of the original screen left over. Or, it could be that you have some phantom elements on your weather screen - like maybe there are some leftover elements when you built it?
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'll look into that. If there are leftovers, it's from HS. I just copied/pasted from the IPOD to make that.

--Dan

Comment

nothing panned out.

Looks like it has to do with checking that lock to background to true.

Rupp, any comments??

--Dan

Comment

removed anything except 1 image...as soon as I set it to locked to background, the screen seems to get cut off.

--Dan

Comment

also, don't forget all the z ordering of the pages.

Stuart

Comment

Stuart, welcome to my issue.

I'm not sure I follow you on that one.

I know there is a Z-order for images...is this what you are refering to?

--Dan

Comment

Thats what I meant. Also sometimes once an image or element shows up, try looking at the drop down for the elements. Once some are created you then cannot access them unless you use the drop down. I tried this from scratch and couldn't get it to happen here.

Stuart

Comment

I will try to make a NEW project and ONLY put this in there.

See if that makes a difference.

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X