Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touch Screens won't connect after update - Fixed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch Screens won't connect after update - Fixed!

My HST-IW07 screens won't connect after latest update of the HSTouch plugin from the updater. The screens show the error "Server plugin is incorrect version or timeout getting the version from server. Version 1.0.025 or later is required." My screens have client version 1.0.0.57 on them. The server plugin is nw 1.0.0.58.

I can connect just fine with my PC as a client.

What's the fix?

Actually I'm not sure what client version is on the touch screens. When they are trying to connect they display the message "Connecting to Server... 1.0.0.57" I'm not sure if this means that the client version is 1.0.0.57 or if the Client is trying to connect with the Server version 1.0.0.57. If the latter then, there is the problem (maybe). The server version I now have running is not 1.0.0.57. It is 1.0.0.58. Are both versions running????

Comment

Here is another clue.

When I check the "Detailed Logging" option for HSTouch the log floods with info from the HSTouch Sever with things like "Value change '24 NewVal: 55OldVal:56" and "Sending DEVICECHANGE notification to clients..."

There are about 10 messages a second to the log from the HSTouch Server. This happens even if the clients are all shut down.

Sounds like the HSTouch Server is corrupt. How can I uninstall it and re-install it?

Comment

I tried this but it did not work. (I found this in another thread about a similar problem)
        1. Use Control Panel to uninstall hstouchserver

2. REBOOT ensuring that HS does NOT restart. This seems to be totally critical

3. run the downloaded HSTouch Server installation from the homeseer.com download page

4. restart HS.

The Touch Screen clients still won't connect.

Comment

I can't log in with my Android phone either. The problem is not with the touch screens. It's with the new version of the server.

Comment

Still unable to connect

After a few days of reinstalling everything, I am still getting the same results. My WCE touch screens and my Android phone will not connect any longer. The problem started when I updated the server to the latest version 10.0.0.58

I've updated the XP system with all the latest updates including all the .Net Framework updates.

I can connect to my HSTouch server without any problem from a remote PC using any of my established users sign-ons. I can also connect from a PC locally via my home network using the IP address.

I can not connect with the Android phone or touch screens locally or remotely.

Seems like a bug with the 10.0.0.58 server.

Comment

I solved my connection problem with my Android phone by re-installing the Android app on the phone.

How can I do that with an HST-IW07 touch screen if I can't connect with it from the Designer?

Comment

Is your CE client connecting?

I just looked and I am running the V.72 CE5HSTouch.exe HSTouch client on my CE6.0 device.

You will not be able to edit the screens on the CE clients until you connect your CE HSTouch client to Homeseer.

I actually just got an application error right clicking on the client to get my properties. That is why I use the registry to set the properties of the cllient.

Can you plug in a mouse and keyboard to your CE screen and run a program?

Here is my HS log showing me connecting and disconnecting the client.

8/25/2012 12:44:20 PM HSTouch Server Client ICS-CEWIN (192.168.244.210/49152) named ICS-CEWIN has CONNECTED.
                8/25/2012 12:45:14 PM HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.244.210/49152
                8/25/2012 12:45:14 PM HSTouch Server Client ICS-CEWIN:ICS-CEWIN (192.168.244.210/49152) has raised LineDisconnected.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My HST-IW07 touch screens won't connect to the HSTouch server. When I try to connect with a touch screen the splash screen on the touch screen says "Connecting with Server 10.0.0.57" (note that my server is version 10.0.0.58)
                  The HS log says
                  8/24/2012 8:36:06 AM - HSTouch Server - Opening connection from:192.168.114.221/1025
                  8/24/2012 8:36:07 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE (192.168.114.221/1025) named Kitchen has CONNECTED.
                  8/24/2012 8:36:09 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE (192.168.114.221/1025) named Kitchen has CONNECTED.
                  8/24/2012 8:36:10 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE:Kitchen (192.168.114.221/1025) has raised LineDisconnected.
                  8/24/2012 8:36:10 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE named Kitchen has DISCONNECTED.
                  I get the same results with my other touch screen.

I can plug in a mouse and keyboard using a USB hub.
                  I can't tell what version of CE5HSTouch.exe is on the touch screen. The date on the file is 1/1/2003 ad the file size is 316KB but the version of the program is not displayed in the properties window.
                  The registry entries don't reveal anything that I can see.
                  It worked fine for several years until I updated the server to 10.0.0.58. Nothing else was changed. I can now connect with my Android phone and any of my PCs with no problem.

OK, stop the presses, I solved the problem. I found a posting by ksz on the HST-IW07 section of the board where he explained the solution. Copy the latest WCE client files over the existing files on the touch screen. I found the latest WCE files (.72) on my PC in a directory called Clients in the HSTouch directory. I simply copied then to a flash drive and then copied them over the top of the existing files on my touch screen. It was that simple. Now everything works again!!!
                  Last edited by noopara; August 26, 2012, 11:03 AM. Reason: I solved the problem

Comment

Great news!

Curious question; is your HST-IW07 running CE5.0 or CE6.0?

Are you seeing the HSTouch client version number (v.72) now as it boots the client?

I copy files over a couple of ways; one to the flash SD card real directory and sometimes just to a temp directory lately mostly though via VNC as its easier than having to plug in a keyboard and mouse.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                    X