X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8 / InControl

All,

I recently released the initial version of InControl for Windows 8. It uses the same Homeseer Plug In as InControl for Windows phone 7.x and 8.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158850

Comment

Lamanmi, fantastic! Can't wait to install it!

I apologize to all that have been trying to send me emails lately! The emails from the board have suddenly been marked as spam, they didn't before!

So to make it easy, I just put WPseer (and TextSeer) here.

This is not a competitor to InControl, really. InControl offers way more options (where WPseer only offers the option to save your username/password) and it looks much, much better. But since WPseer is so very simple, I believe it is loading faster. When you just want to turn that light on or off, I think this is the fastest option you have using a mobile phone.

I'm using Android at the moment, partly because I just got a Pebble watch, and partly because my 2 year old effectively sent my HTC Titan to service. I miss WPseer...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

another windows phone

count me in on windows at some point, perhaps a survey of current hstouch users would be in order? who is planning on switching phones, etc. definately a chicken egg thing going on with the market and apps availability now. to be able to use same basic platform for desktop, xbox, tablet, laptop, phone, etc. is going to catch on at some point. i would be buying a windows phone TODAY (broke my galaxy nexus) if it were not for lack of an hstouch app. i'm admittedly somewhat invested in homeseer now but i'm even looking at other options there.

Comment

I switched...

Count me in as a *VERY* happy smartphone user. I switched recently from an iPhone 4S to a Nokia Lumia 920. It is a far superior device/operating system in every way.

Mostly agree with all of the posts listed, including those complaining about application availability, marketshare, etc. Marketshare will come for WP8 as the apps catch up.

Concern about the discussion regarding support for the HST application, as I note there is a client for Windows RT which is nearly identical in every way to WP8. The port should be relatively trivial, and those of us who use HST could more than likely be used to help troubleshoot and support.

Please give it a chance!
          -Russ

Comment

Any thoughts about selling the source code for HSTouch and letting the community support it? I have a full development setup, and Virtual Machine setup for Windows Phone 8, along with my Nokia Lumia 920 for testing. It would be well worth it for me to do the port, and possibly even the maintenance.

Cheers,
            -Russ

Comment

Originally posted by russdonnan View Post
              Any thoughts about selling the source code for HSTouch and letting the community support it? I have a full development setup, and Virtual Machine setup for Windows Phone 8, along with my Nokia Lumia 920 for testing. It would be well worth it for me to do the port, and possibly even the maintenance.

Cheers,
              -Russ
              You need to direct this question to Rich who can be reached at the number listed at the top of the HomeSeer home page.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Will do.

Thanks,
                -Russ

Comment

Working...
                X