This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Streaming - HSTouch Client

The other day I noticed a reboot of HSPro Beta .72. It occurred after leaving HSTouch at a streaming video windown.

Earlier today I saw similiar leaving HSTouch on with 10 streaming videos (main security screen) from ZM.

About 20 minutes after leaving the screen on main security video screen ZM locked up and HS started to get SMTP errors (for about 60 minutes).

I shut off the HSTouch client and restarted it along with ZM. The SMTP errors continued for about 3 hours.

I am most likely changing the main video security screen to doing a "snapshot" for the 11 views instead of a streaming view and maybe something similiar for each of the video views.

Adding a bit to this post - I never shut down and restarted HS when this occurred. I just noticed reviewing my logs that whatever happened at this time my email never came back. I just noticed errors and attempts to send email. I ended up restarting HS yesterday 11/18/2010. The lesson here is that something changed in the transport when I had issues and whatever it was that changed broke the transport.

I am wondering if anyone else is doing video streaming?

If you are have you ever left a video stream running for a period of time longer than say 30 minutes?
    Last edited by Pete; November 19, 2010, 12:04 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Hi Pete,

Could you elborate on the streaming type you use: MJPeg/Mpeg4 etc.
    I know I can't get any web based activeX video plugin to play nice with HSTouch. I ended up with MJPeg streaming through self updating webpages.

Alex

Comment

Pete,

I have been having stability issues with displaying video on HSTouch. It is very sluggish and, at least on my phone, it will crash the client after a short while. However, I am using the android client and didn't know if it was just due to this new client or something server related. I recently upgraded to the .30 version of the plug-in to resolve the CPU utilization issue. I don't seem to be able to get it to crash so far (but am just starting the test) I do still have issues with sluggishness.

-Tom
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
      X