Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSTouch Switch types-- how to make them work???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Switch types-- how to make them work???

Just starting out but ran into a problem already. If i want to turn on and off a homseer x10 device, how do i do it so:

1) pressing the HSTouch Button turns on the device (which the HST button now displays as on),

2) then releasing the HST button leaves the device on and HST still displays the button like it was when pressed, which is my indecator that the device is on,

3) then, pressing the button again turns the device off and HST shows the button off (showing the button in the orginal unactived state).

4) releaseing the HST button leaves the device off and the HST botton off (showing the button in the orginal unactived state).

5) back to step 1.

??

TX for any help.. BG

Two main parts as to how I do this...

1) Drag a image graphic onto the screen, then set the Action of that button to control a homeseer device, select the device and the action will be 'toggle on/off'.

Then

2) Click statustracking normal, find the device that you have selected above in the drop down lists and click OK. Then click statusimages, it should bring up the status image editor. Click add twice, pick two images and change one field to status on and the other status off.

There is a slight delay in this as the image changes when the device is on rather than when the button is pressed, but its not that noticeable to me..

Comment

I needed newer version of HS 2 for toggle to work. TX

I needed newer version of HS 2 for toggle to work. TX

Comment

using my own images for status

hi, i'm having trouble using my own images for status.

I did use the status image editor and select my own images for on and off, but HStouch is still using the built-in graphic (in this case the built in lock and unlocked icons).

i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. thanks,

bhavesh

UPDATE - did get the door lock icon to "work" by using Values instead of Status. However, lost the transparency in the icon. E.g. there is a gray box around the image as the background instead of it just being clear. Any thoughts?

UPDATE 2 - ok, just needed to set the color to transparent on "pressed". leaving these posts up here in case another noob has trouble
        Last edited by veshman; April 11, 2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X