This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on HS Touch Actions

I have two touch screens up and running now. Using the same base files.
    I create an event using HStouch Action - Display a screen by itself.
    I have the option to choose all clients, or one specific client.

If I choose the specific client, then pushing the button makes the even only happen on that screen. If I choose the all clients, then both screens make the event happen.

Problem, is I dont know which screen I will be at when I push the button. And If i push it on screen 1, I only want it to happen on screen 1. If I push it on screen 2, I only want it to happen on screen 2.

I dont think there is anything I can do except screate seperate events specific to the screen, and then seperate base files that each system runs. But wanted to make sure before I had down that path.

Thanks,
    Dave

I'm confused. Are you pushing a button on the client to run and event from HomeSeer to display a screen on the client?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yes. If you happened to see my other post, I have an attempt at an animation effect I am working on. Pushing the button tells Homeseer to display a sequesnce of HStouch screens one right after the other.

Comment

instead of calling an event, how about calling a script. That way you could pass a parameter that indicates which client is calling it. You could even store the client name in a hidden text field and use that in the script action. That way you don't have to hard-code it on everything.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
        X