This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST Reconnect Times

After my client wakes up it connects to the network in about 3 seconds but then takes about 10-15 seconds to connect to the HST Server.

Is there a way to speed up the reconnect time to the HST Server?

I don't think there is, there is a timer (I think its tmr_Elapsed) in the code that seems to run at that interval checking if the connection is alive, if its not try and connect if not wait another x seconds. I think its just the way its designed...don't know any way of changing it.

Comment

so no way of configuraing the tmr_Elapsed call?

just a bit annoying when the client comes out of sleep/standby

Comment

Not without changing the sourcecode AFAIK, I only think its this timer as it used to play up in the Linux client and was fixed. You might be able to submit a feature/enhancement though, not sure when/if it would be amended though.

I'm not sure how many people are using sleep, is there any way you can keep the PC on?

Comment

Originally posted by beef View Post
          After my client wakes up it connects to the network in about 3 seconds but then takes about 10-15 seconds to connect to the HST Server.

Is there a way to speed up the reconnect time to the HST Server?
          What type of client is this? How quick does this client connect to a web site?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            What type of client is this? How quick does this client connect to a web site?
            Windows Client. (Windows XP or 7)

Here's the test:

1) Client connected to HST OK
            2) Client Goes into sleep mode (Windows Sleep)
            3) Remote ping to client - No response......
            4) Power Client On
            5) Client pings OK after 5-10 secods
            6) HST Connects about 25-40 seconds AFTER the network ping

Comment

Working...
            X