This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDP Question for Pete

Pete - I hope you dont mind if I pick your brain for a sec...

I'm configuring a Windows 7 box to be the HSTouch Client and will be using RDP clients to connect. On the Win7 box, I added a user "HSTouch1" and allowed that user to connect via RDP - it works fine. But in order to run more than one HSTouch client on the box, I'm assuming that I would need to enable multiple/concurrent RDP sessions?

The reason for going this route is that the Cruz Reader I have is not playing nice with the HSTouch Android client. Also, the HP Touchpad (on its way) runs its own OS, so no client. Both devices have RDP functionality, so this is a natural fit.

So, I guess my questions are:
    Did you enable multiple concurrent RDP connections on your HSTouch Client machine?
    Do you have each user configured to automatically startup HSTouch?
    Any other configuration tips?

Here is a pic of what I'm trying to accomplish:
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

I went to a W2003 server instead of a W7 box. I can't hardly tell the difference with RDP versus the Linux Client. Best part is that it runs all my pages fine right now; some with up to 10 HTML links (security cams) and different flash files I am playing with.

Did you enable multiple concurrent RDP connections on your HSTouch Client machine?
    Yes I created users called Chumby-1,Chumby-2, etc. 6 now. Each one loads the same HSTouch; but each work directory is unique. I can update each one individually. RDP server is running on a W2003 Pentium D with 2Gb of memory.

Do you have each user configured to automatically startup HSTouch?

I configured each of the TSClients to autoexecute HSTouch.exe and enabled sound for each. It is working; way fast on the Joggler; slower on the Chumby; but its good sound.

Any other configuration tips?
    I was getting RDP server out of memory errors until I did a registry edit on the RDP server. I posted the specifics on the forum (think under the linux section). Also choose the newest RDP profile on the the TSClient. I also run a linux command line load of the TSClient (IE: \bin\tsclient -x \user\chumby\chumby1.rdp.

I'll post the specifics if you want. I utilize an SSH with WinSCP to edit everything and run VNC Remote such that I can see my updates. Not really taxing the clients.
    One issue I see though is when I can't talk to just one RDP Chumby; like a keypress or a change of screens like with an XP HSTouch client. It has to be all of them at once.

alternate full switch:i:0
    alternate shell:s:c:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSTouch\HSTouch.exe
    attach to console:i:0
    audiomode:i:2
    auto connect:i:0
    diskmapping:i:0
    bitmapcachepersistenable:i:0
    client hostname:s:ics-chumby-2
    compression:i:0
    description:s:
    desktop size id:i:1
    desktopheight:i:0
    desktopwidth:i:0
    disable full window drag:i:1
    disable menu anims:i:1
    disable themes:i:1
    disable wallpaper:i:1
    displayconnectionbar:i:0
    domain:s:ics
    enable alternate shell:i:1
    enable wm keys:i:0
    full address:s:192.168.244.168
    hide wm decorations:i:0
    keyboard language:s:
    keyboardhook:i:0
    no motion events:i:0
    password:b:chumby123
    password 51:brogman group:s:
    progman group:s:
    protocol:i:4
    protocol file:s:
    redirectcomports:i:0
    redirectdrives:i:0
    redirectprinters:i:0
    redirectsmartcards:i:0
    screen mode id:i:2
    session bpp:i:16
    shell working directory:s:
    username:s:chumby-2
    winposstr:s:
    Last edited by Pete; September 21, 2011, 04:21 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Excellent info - thanks so much, Pete. I can already tell that individual RDP users is a good way to go since I can keep the HSTouch deployments separate. I think this is going to work pretty well for these types of clients...

Comment

The faster CPU's make it work much better than years ago. This way you can also utilize your tablet for regular stuff or HSTOuch and not have to dedicate it.

I was able to get XP going on the Joggler. First boot; its autoloading all of the drivers. Its showing only 376Mb of Ram; but it works off of a USB dongle.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Excellent info - thanks so much, Pete. I can already tell that individual RDP users is a good way to go since I can keep the HSTouch deployments separate. I think this is going to work pretty well for these types of clients...
          I thought multiple, conncurrent RDP sessions were only supported on server OS's? With WinXP a registry hack allowed two if I recall correctly, but I don't know if there is any way to run multiple RDP sessions to Win7?

Thanks,
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe View Post
            I thought multiple, conncurrent RDP sessions were only supported on server OS's? With WinXP a registry hack allowed two if I recall correctly, but I don't know if there is any way to run multiple RDP sessions to Win7?

Thanks,
            Don
            Yeah, the guys over at missingremote.com found a way to enable it in win7 and it's working here:
            http://www.missingremote.com/guide/h...ice-pack-1-rtm

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              Yeah, the guys over at missingremote.com found a way to enable it in win7 and it's working here:
              http://www.missingremote.com/guide/h...ice-pack-1-rtm
              Interesting, I had no idea... Thanks!

Don

Comment

I use the multiple user hack win Win 7. Works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                X