This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client tries to open twice

I've been working on my first HSTouch screens, and it's been a learning curve. But this one has me stumped.

After several successful tests of my new screens, the clients now don't like my project. When the client tries to open the project, it consistently tries to open 2 client windows - and as a result the second window stops at the splash screen and the first window will not work. Closing either instance closes both. In the HS log I can see the client opening twice. If I open one of the example projects that came with HSTouch, all is fine.

I spent too much time on this project to scrap it. Any idea what to look for? Something corrupted in the xml? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark

In the designer, when you choose Run Windows Client - does it launch 2 clients from the designer?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yes, I get two windows either way - if I open the local client from the designer, or if I open the client by itself. And it only seems to happen with this particular xml file.
      Mark

Comment

After some trial and error deleting elements, the problem seems to be related to two IP video cams on one screen. They were done per the "Working with video" instructions in the help file. If I delete those images, the "double clients" problem goes away.

I tried a new project with the same IP cams, and no problems. But I do see a brief "flash" of a second Client opening, but it never materializes. Wierd.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X